This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really close to 100,000 for petition to FCC

#41LordOfLegaciesPosted 4/30/2014 5:51:39 PM
WyzeGye posted...
now who's the jerk who needs to get the **** off their pedestal?

Calm down, I meant to highlight more of the text before clicking quote and since it was your post that had the quote in it, it came out under your name.
It was a mistake, don't be such a baby about it.
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG
#42LazyyAmericanPosted 4/30/2014 6:35:33 PM
More.of humanity...wonderful.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#43noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/30/2014 6:36:04 PM
I remember when people used to go outside to protest. If I were a person in power, I'd take an online petition even less seriously than one where people had to sign and give their phone #. You want change, you need to make some noise, but I guess your Steam backlog would just keep growing then, eh?
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
#44WyzeGyePosted 4/30/2014 6:51:49 PM(edited)
LordOfLegacies posted...
WyzeGye posted...
now who's the jerk who needs to get the **** off their pedestal?

Calm down, I meant to highlight more of the text before clicking quote and since it was your post that had the quote in it, it came out under your name.
It was a mistake, don't be such a baby about it.

oh, i'm not butthurt.... but think before you post... you're the one telling somebody to step off their pedestal in the first place.
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#45LordOfLegaciesPosted 4/30/2014 11:01:43 PM
Since you posted again seconds after you had already made your point just to call me a jerk combined with your unnecessary use of ellipses in that last post, I'm pretty sure you're butthurt.

I already explained the mistake and that I knew it wasn't you saying all that, so I'm not sure why you're trying to drag this out.
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG
#46rareware101Posted 4/30/2014 11:17:40 PM
daemon_dan posted...
So you people think that the people that own the bandwidth you're using should have no say in what goes across their bandwidth? Ya'll are dumb.

Sorry but not a single isp SELLS you anything and not a single one (unless they're being idiots with wording) will tell you they are selling you a damn thing. You rent bandwidth. And the owner still SHOULD have final say what bits of data goes over their network. End of.

You'd have a point if we didn't curtail how business is allowed to act in, oh, a million different ways across the globe. America already has some of the most expensive internet in the world (with usage caps and effectively no choice in ISP for most people) and you want to allow tiered charging on top of that? *golf clap*
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#47daemon_danPosted 4/30/2014 11:25:44 PM
rareware101 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
So you people think that the people that own the bandwidth you're using should have no say in what goes across their bandwidth? Ya'll are dumb.

Sorry but not a single isp SELLS you anything and not a single one (unless they're being idiots with wording) will tell you they are selling you a damn thing. You rent bandwidth. And the owner still SHOULD have final say what bits of data goes over their network. End of.

You'd have a point if we didn't curtail how business is allowed to act in, oh, a million different ways across the globe. America already has some of the most expensive internet in the world (with usage caps and effectively no choice in ISP for most people) and you want to allow tiered charging on top of that? *golf clap*

So you think tiered charging is what will become of the end of net neutrality? Maybe at first, but this won't be tolerated. The end of net neutrality does NOT mean ISPs have free reign on what they can charge etc. It just means they can say what goes over their network, instead of the government having that say.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#48rareware101Posted 4/30/2014 11:43:31 PM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
rareware101 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

So you think tiered charging is what will become of the end of net neutrality? Maybe at first, but this won't be tolerated. The end of net neutrality does NOT mean ISPs have free reign on what they can charge etc. It just means they can say what goes over their network, instead of the government having that say.

Right so given a lack of regulation and having no effective competition, what has every business done since the dawn of time? Charged as much as they possibly can. Also, as soon as everyone involved can the increased charges will be passed on to the consumer.

America (well American business interest) is wrong here. In the UK I get unlimited use 120meg for 60 bucks and have the choice of around 15 ISPs, 2 of which offer fibre. None of them are making anything like the issue out of this the American ISPs are. I highly doubt the Eastern Tiger economies, who put us to shame with speeds and connectivity, care about this issue either.

This is so your ISPs can charge more and nothing else and you'd have to be stupid if you think it will be coming out of Netflix's profits. You know you don't have the competition in the States to keep process low when it comes to internet.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#49Orestes417Posted 5/1/2014 12:39:42 AM
You do realize part of the reason there's so little competition is how insanely expensive it is to enter new markets as an ISP, in part due to government red tape. The whole system needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up by actual engineers instead of lawyers and politicians.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#50Gwiz494Posted 5/1/2014 9:56:11 AM
Wasn't SOPA stopped because of online petitions and people speaking up against it...?
---
I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I know that I know, I think I know even though I don't think I know...