This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 controller on PC without bluetooth

#1_Fefo_Posted 4/29/2014 6:10:14 PM
Topic. Internet is pretty bleak on this specific issue (or probably I'm just too dumb).

Can I make it work while connected via USB with XInput Wrapper or MotionJoy or whatever? At least I can charge via USB and play via bluetooth simultaneously?
---
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH
#2Blobs_Posted 4/29/2014 6:15:41 PM(edited)
Yes you can use a usb cord.

EDIT: also do yourself a favor and don't use motioninjoy. Use the Xinput wrapper , specifically this one:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
---
is haha
#3Rolen47Posted 4/29/2014 6:19:09 PM
I could never get Xinput to work for me, but yes MotionJoy can also be used with USB.
#4_Fefo_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 6:23:19 PM
Blobs_ posted...
Yes you can use a usb cord.

EDIT: also do yourself a favor and don't use motioninjoy. Use the Xinput wrapper , specifically this one:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Thanks, now I can ditch my X360 controller. I'm aware of MotionJoy issues too.

Do you know how to setup it for cord only, or I must do the bluetooth setup regardless of use?
---
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH
#5SchoolRumblePosted 4/29/2014 6:23:51 PM
MotionInJoy is crap I dont trust that. Try SCPDriver Blobs posted it's what I use.
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#6jokujokujokuPosted 4/29/2014 9:02:42 PM
_Fefo_ posted...
Do you know how to setup it for cord only, or I must do the bluetooth setup regardless of use?

The "New Install" instructions are what you need to do for cord only. Bluetooth just requires extra steps that are detailed later.
#7_Fefo_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 3:09:15 AM
jokujokujoku posted...
_Fefo_ posted...

The "New Install" instructions are what you need to do for cord only. Bluetooth just requires extra steps that are detailed later.

Thank you. Looks like it won't be that hard.

Does anyone know how it works on Android? Wired/wireless, Sixaxis Controller app only?
---
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH