This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with upgrading my video card

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with upgrading my video card
1 year ago#1
I will be upgrading my gpu at the end of May my budget is $250 but I would like to stay at or under $200.

I want the card to be able to run skyrim max settings plus hd texture mods as smooth as possible.

I would appreciate any help, I also prefer evga nividia cards.

Thanks
---
Sub-Zero wins. Fatality.
1 year ago#2
What do you have now and what is your power supply?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#3
Geforce gts 250
650 Watt psu
---
Sub-Zero wins. Fatality.
1 year ago#4
Most GTX 760s should be <$250, but usually >$200. A GTX 660 should also be a good option.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#5
Which version of the 660 is the best?
---
Sub-Zero wins. Fatality.
1 year ago#6
I don't know which is best, but this one fits your requirements and it's pretty good:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43063kr
---
-What is best in life?
1 year ago#7
You'll wanna for a gtx 660ti if you can find one. There not really made anymore so they are going out of stock at a lot places not. Amazon has a nice evga superclock 660 but I don't know its better or worse then a TI.

A gtx 760 will be solid card. Its a little better then a 660, but its also a bit more money. Your probably going to spend around $240ish, give or take a bit depending if any sales/rebates are going on at the time you buy.

Your cheapest option and way under budget will be a gtx 750TI. This card will run your around $150 but youll probably have trouble running skyrim fully maxed with a lot of mods.
1 year ago#8
I thought of the 750 Ti as well, but the 660 is a better card that he can afford, in my opinion.
---
-What is best in life?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with upgrading my video card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived