This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ALL MacBook Airs are now $100 cheaper.

#11ab2c4Posted 4/30/2014 3:01:53 PM
They might be dropping the price on the MB Air to clear out inventory. Rumor is the upcoming Air will come with a Retina display.
#12PsythikPosted 4/30/2014 3:07:07 PM
SampsonM posted...
Windows is in trouble.

Macs are getting cheaper.

Chromebooks are getting better.

Steam OS could become the preferred PC gaming operating system.

Android is starting to show up on desktops and laptops.
Not sure if sarcasm.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#13TireseasPosted 4/30/2014 3:09:58 PM
I'd be more apt to say a Retina MBA would coexist with the current style for a generation or two than I would that it'd outright replace it.
---
More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself.
#14PhilOnDezPosted 4/30/2014 3:13:50 PM
Broadwell CPUs are rumored to ship with Iris Pro standard, it would be a waste to have that and not have a retina display. Of course, broadwell isn't coming for quite a while but there's no telling when the retina MBAs will show up either.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15R0N1N187Posted 4/30/2014 3:42:49 PM
It's sad knowing that people will think $100 off $1200 is a deal.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#16Orestes417Posted 4/30/2014 3:49:24 PM
Even more sad knowing people's brains shut off when they see the price before taking the package into account. Of course they're generally the same sort who'll insist a completely different class notebook is viable competition because they don't get they aren't the target market.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#17qeoijlijwPosted 4/30/2014 4:51:41 PM
it's even more sad when people justify spending loads of crap on things they dont even need
and perpetuate the toxic culture of blind spending
people like you are why people dont really care about the unscrupulous spending by the government
this is why we cant have nice things.
#18DawnshadowPosted 4/30/2014 5:03:26 PM
Apple is catering to casuals by making it easier to buy their computers. If Apple keeps nerfing the price of their computers at this rate, a year from now any noob will be able to walk into an Apple store and get an Air just for walking in, and won't have to work for it.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#19Orestes417Posted 4/30/2014 5:07:13 PM
qeoijlijw posted...
it's even more sad when people justify spending loads of crap on things they dont even need
and perpetuate the toxic culture of blind spending
people like you are why people dont really care about the unscrupulous spending by the government
this is why we cant have nice things.

And precisely who do you think you are to presume to tell anyone what they really need? Or for that matter what their spending should be based on?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#20LordOfLegaciesPosted 4/30/2014 5:23:00 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Not sure what's lolworthy about that. It's an ultraportable laptop not a "store your entire life on it from birth to death" workstation

It's lolworthy because it's an ultraportable laptop that costs more than a "store your entire life on it" workstation.
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG