This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ALL MacBook Airs are now $100 cheaper.

#21Garage_ManPosted 4/30/2014 6:29:15 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Not sure what's lolworthy about that. It's an ultraportable laptop not a "store your entire life on it from birth to death" workstation

It's lolworthy because it's an ultraportable laptop that costs more than a "store your entire life on it" workstation.

However it works great and looks great. Has amazing support...I won't even go into problems I have had with other companies and their cheap machines. I will either get the HP Envy (Though them are REALLY CHEAPLY MADE NOW, or I will get a maxxed out MBP and eGPU and sell my desktop and never look at a dedicated PC again.)
#22Orestes417Posted 4/30/2014 6:31:57 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Not sure what's lolworthy about that. It's an ultraportable laptop not a "store your entire life on it from birth to death" workstation

It's lolworthy because it's an ultraportable laptop that costs more than a "store your entire life on it" workstation.

You're forgetting the cost of the troupe of midget you'll need to carry your workstation around even if you do find one worth a damn for less than the 1k mark. Different class of machine, absolutely brain dead to try and compare them. You want to talk find a comparable ultraportable spec for spec.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#23TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 7:04:46 PM
Orestes417 posted...
You're forgetting the cost of the troupe of midget you'll need to carry your workstation around even if you do find one worth a damn for less than the 1k mark. Different class of machine, absolutely brain dead to try and compare them. You want to talk find a comparable ultraportable spec for spec.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP900X3D-A02US
---
The best you can is good enough.
#24Orestes417Posted 4/30/2014 7:12:42 PM
TheAnthraxBunny posted...
Orestes417 posted...

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP900X3D-A02US

I rest my case
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#25TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 7:25:08 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I rest my case

Right? For the same price you could get a MBPr with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. Absolutely insane.
---
The best you can is good enough.
#26SampsonMPosted 4/30/2014 7:28:37 PM
The "Macs are overpriced" meme isn't true and hasn't been true for a couple of years now.

For what they are, Macbooks are fairly priced or even cheaper than competing Windows machines.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#27LordOfLegaciesPosted 4/30/2014 11:19:18 PM
SampsonM posted...
The "Macs are overpriced" meme isn't true and hasn't been true for a couple of years now.

*citation needed*
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG
#28DoramiPosted 4/30/2014 11:32:40 PM
Perhaps you should provide a link to these supposed competitively priced Windows machines. We will ignore difficult to evaluate factors such as build quality and focus only on the form factor, battery life, and specs.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
#29Mega_TyrantPosted 4/30/2014 11:43:46 PM
For that form factor and specs, 899 is a pretty good price. I prefer Windows over iOS myself but that's besides the point.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...
GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i7-4770K | G.SKILL RIPJAWS X SERIES 16GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD
#30DoramiPosted 5/1/2014 12:02:56 AM(edited)
I would say the $1000 13" is a better deal than the $900. For the $900 model, I prefer the Bestbuy exclusive Yoga 11s instead: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ideapad-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive/1835037.p Though that is admittedly under the assumption that I do not care about graphic capabilities on such a laptop.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo