This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TotalBiscuit has cancer

#21TropicMoon10Posted 4/30/2014 12:00:51 PM
Gynthaeres posted...
Sorry. I hate the obsession some people have with "Gotcha!" moments. It's very, very easy (and extremely lazy) to criticize someone based on a couple out-of-context lines, or on some ancient (by Internet standards) quotation that has been disavowed, apologized for, and forgotten by most reasonable people.

Rather than propagate hatred based on some of those lines, I just offered context and insight into where the line was coming from. I demonstrated that this was not a standard type of comment that he makes; that this particular line actually had a story behind it.

I guess that makes me a member of TB's defense force?

He's a good man with a wife and kid who has devoted his life and livelihood to gaming. Honestly there are very few people on Youtube I respect more than him. I mean that sincerely as a gamer myself and wish him all the best.

More to the point - "cancer" has always been a common term to describe something in a negative way. I've seen it a million times. It's internet culture. There's nothing ironic or karma-y or amusing about that comment at all. And I'm not specifically referring to the 3rd poster. It's just the vibe I've been getting from all the people who keep posting that link.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#22popping4itPosted 4/30/2014 12:00:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/30/2014 12:02:13 PM
#24shingui5Posted 4/30/2014 12:06:07 PM
This thread. My god -.-

Horrible people on the internet being horrible again.
#25IAmMC2Posted 4/30/2014 12:14:44 PM
If it's operable shouldn't he be fine? I mean doesn't that mean he can get it removed?
---
Play Relius, and turn whiffs and poor execution into dreams and sunshine. -Myoro
http://www.youtube.com/profile_redirector/105774493003541456474
#26ThatOneGuysHairPosted 4/30/2014 12:16:16 PM
#27shingui5Posted 4/30/2014 12:16:41 PM
popping4it posted...
almost delicious justice that he would get ass cancer.

What's wrong with you?
#28dlfPosted 4/30/2014 12:19:31 PM
Guess it's time to set F@H to research Cancer.
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg - Minus a few parts (monitor @ moment)
Screw trying to record video (on PC).
#29Ch3wyPosted 4/30/2014 12:23:05 PM
shingui5 posted...
This thread. My god -.-

Horrible people on the internet being horrible again.

Yeah what the **** guys
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#30jake-sfPosted 4/30/2014 12:24:09 PM
Decency is the only thing that died.

This guy did nothing wrong on any personal level to any of you and yet, on the topic of cancer, there are still people cowardly enough to attack him on the internet.

IAmMC2 posted...
If it's operable shouldn't he be fine? I mean doesn't that mean he can get it removed?

According to the article linked within his video description, if caught early enough the survival rate is very good.

He SHOULD be fine.

ThatOneGuysHair posted...
over 1.5 million new cases of cancer are going to crop up this year.

are you going to make a thread for each and every one of them?

the whole cult of personality/celebrity worship thing is utterly pathetic.

And what is it with that stupidly misplaced jealousy?

This raises awareness of the issue like anyone else. Magazines come out about a million different irrelevant celebrities and people that care give it attention.

I care that people are talking about something like this and I care as a human being only to be sympathetic to the situation.

You, however, have no place to be here at all, as do many others in here.

Stop showing how sad of a person you are. Nobody is asking for forced sympathy, so if you don't have any, just ignore it.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/