This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions on the best mods for Civ IV?

#1imasexywomanPosted 5/1/2014 11:36:35 AM
I don't even OWN the game because I'm poor and waiting for a sale, but I'm still looking up all the different mods. Right now, the ones that most interest me are these. They're mostly in order of "whoa I really want this" down to "this isn't essential but could still be cool."

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization
Fall from Heaven (there are two of them.. are they both worth it? Is FfH actually a "sequel" or a large update?)
Pie's Ancient Europe
Planetfall
Ancient Mediterranean
The History of Three Kingdoms
Dune Wars
Realism Invictus
Rise of Mankind
---
It is the end times for console gaming. All hail PC and 3DS.
#2kingkeith9Posted 5/1/2014 12:23:39 PM
I loved realism Invictus. Playing it I got up to deity level difficulty.

Rhyse was also very good. FFH2 is the one I used to see the most recommended although I have never actually played it
#3machetemanPosted 5/1/2014 12:43:51 PM
civ v is the best mod for civ iv
#4anonymous46773Posted 5/1/2014 12:48:12 PM
Fall From Heaven 2 is probably the best mod in existence, I'd say. And no, you don't need to play Fall From Heaven 1 to be able to "understand" it; you can just jump right in.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5sonic_man00Posted 5/1/2014 2:53:09 PM
macheteman posted...
civ v is the best mod for civ iv

I came in here to say this.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#6anonymous46773Posted 5/1/2014 3:05:00 PM
Personally, I like IV far, far more than V, but to each their own.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#7imasexywoman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2014 3:42:03 PM(edited)
Civ V's UI looks better, but it doesn't have these crazy inventive mods. And I've read the Civ V modding tools are limited, so I'm not sure that's a "wait for them" thing, either.
---
#8sonic_man00Posted 5/1/2014 4:09:59 PM
imasexywoman posted...
Civ V's UI looks better, but it doesn't have these crazy inventive mods. And I've read the Civ V modding tools are limited, so I'm not sure that's a "wait for them" thing, either.

I think the UI in V is 2x better than 4.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#9imasexywoman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 4:50:39 PM
I think I'm gonna go ahead and jump straight to the mods, probably Rhye's first. I love the game concepts and everything, but I can't get past the bizarre anachronism of this series. "Mayans give birth to Mark Twain! Egyptians found Buddhism! Pyramids built in America!" It's ... weird for me.
---
#10luckyrelicPosted 5/5/2014 1:56:24 AM
having a better ui doesnt mean its the "better game"

civ4 is still the better game for me imo.. only time will tell until civ5 gets all the dlc done for it.. one thing 5 slighly did better than 4 is removing the unit stacking.. no more doom stacks lol