This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell do people stream so much when the highest data cap is 250GB?

#51TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 5/2/2014 9:46:33 AM
ihumpmypillow89 posted...
codyorr posted...
12 GB cap. Yeah, enjoy your Youtubes kiddies.

I remember when I had that too, mother f***ing WildBlue satellite internet that was complete s*** and cost $70/month for s*** speeds (10Mb/s down 1Mb/s up and a ping ranging somewhere between 800ms and 2000ms). Thankfully a semi-local ISP expanded out to where I live and get a 20/5 connection with no cap and 10-30 ms ping.

Still stuck on WildBlue. Been waiting for something better for years. I can't get Charter and when I ask why, they say I can already get it and point to a map of exaggerated coverage. People up the road get Charter and U-Verse and I pay over twice as much for something infinitely worse.
---
Steam: Sydite
#52Morph33nPosted 5/2/2014 9:50:06 AM
I dun have a cap.
---
Steam ID: _morpheen
#53uncleePosted 5/2/2014 10:06:57 AM
SampsonM posted...
I pay Comcast $55/mo for 60 down/10 up and no cap.

You pay Comcast $55/mo for 60 down/10 up and no cap....because they aren't enforcing it right now. Once they work out their overage plan you can bet they'll start enforcing it again.

Then again, Comcast has been saying that for at least 2 years, so who knows when they'll turn it back on (I'm not complaining. I certainly like that they're not enforcing it right now).
#54Mogu_MoguPosted 5/2/2014 10:17:38 AM
The day Charter enforces their data caps here is the day I cancel.
Simple as that. I can switch over to AT&T fiber here.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#55cancerstormPosted 5/2/2014 10:35:26 AM
i used to be on a painful 25 gb cap but currently no cap for at least a year

according to the main computer i use, windows 8 tells me i've used 190 GB in 60 days. assuming 20 GB for my other machines i want to say i use 110 GB/month

i don't stream because i always thought it was a waste of bandwidth
---
http://i.imgur.com/DkKUZfF.jpg
#56paramite12Posted 5/2/2014 11:39:41 AM
No data cap here. At least, I don't think I do. I use the internet for tv so I stream everything and download games on steam and origin all the time. If I had a limit, I probably would have hit it by this point.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#57SampsonMPosted 5/2/2014 12:00:54 PM
unclee posted...
SampsonM posted...
I pay Comcast $55/mo for 60 down/10 up and no cap.

You pay Comcast $55/mo for 60 down/10 up and no cap....because they aren't enforcing it right now. Once they work out their overage plan you can bet they'll start enforcing it again.

Then again, Comcast has been saying that for at least 2 years, so who knows when they'll turn it back on (I'm not complaining. I certainly like that they're not enforcing it right now).

I happen to live in a neighborhood where I can also get WOW or AT&T U-Verse. If they ever screw me with a cap, I'll just switch.

Plus, if Comcast is allowed to merge with Time Warner, the government will require them to agree to certain provisions. I suspect that one of them might be a no cap policy -- when they bought NBC/Universal, the government made them agree to strict net neutrality, something other ISPs are not technically bound by.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#58Worknofun370Posted 5/2/2014 12:07:29 PM
SampsonM posted...
Plus, if Comcast is allowed to merge with Time Warner, the government will require them to agree to certain provisions. I suspect that one of them might be a no cap policy -- when they bought NBC/Universal, the government made them agree to strict net neutrality, something other ISPs are not technically bound by.

I don't see any reason why the government would attempt to enforce a no cap policy. None at all.
#59uncleePosted 5/2/2014 12:40:07 PM
If anything, Comcast will simply offer to extend their Net Neutrality agreement for another 10 years. I doubt they'd offer unlimited cap. Especially when they can simply enforce their cap and then charge people an extra X amount for Y amount of data when they go over.
#60jonnyram4000Posted 5/2/2014 12:58:14 PM
Not everyone has data caps my bro does on mediacom 350GB
---
3820 5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | 3way FTW670 4gb |Sammy 830 256gb SSD I sammy 1tb l Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Formula l ASUS PB278Ql PSU ST1500 l HD598 l HDTV PN51D8000