This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some upgrading advice...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some upgrading advice...

User Info: newPS3owner

newPS3owner
2 years ago#1
These are my current specs.

MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
i5-3570k
16gigs of ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 680+ 4GB w/Backplate

I want to upgrade my processor to an i7-3770k for all the new games coming out like Watch Dogs and Wolfenstien which their recommended specs require an i7. My question is, should I just go with the i7-3770k, a new mobo with a i7-4770k, or get a new graphics card. My main goal is to be able to run these games maxed out at 1080p/60fps on my tv.

Thanks for the help.
XBL-Pillur PSN-ZiggyGod Steam-ZiggyGod 3DS-4811-6958-3162

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
2 years ago#2
I'd wait til the games actually come out to see if you really need an i7.
3DS: 5472-7481-8922

User Info: ocelot51

ocelot51
2 years ago#3
An i7 will not give you a meaningful performance boost for its price, especially if you are overclocking your i5.
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
2 years ago#4
Sell your GPU and get a new one or just SLI if you want. Upgrading your CPU will do practically nothing in comparison.

User Info: fatali

fatali
2 years ago#5
Seriously doubt that wolfenstein is actually going to need an i7, I am sure this is like COD ghosts requirement of 8 GB of RAM, which was removed with a patch because it was not real.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need some upgrading advice...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived