This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best C&C series and game?

#1thasnipermasterPosted 5/1/2014 2:57:55 PM
What is the best C&C series? - Results (58 votes)
Tiberium
22.41% (13 votes)
Generals
25.86% (15 votes)
Red Alert
51.72% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I enjoy playing RTS games, but I only have a few, I am looking to expand my library.

The poll question is just to see the general popularity of each series, but below is a seperate question:
The only RTS I have played is BFME2, Stronghold Legends and C&C3, and I like them all, but I like BFME2 the most because there is so many factions to play as and you can have heros on the battlefield and create custom heros etc... So which game or series is the most similar to BFME2 in terms of gameplay and you'd think I'd enjoy the most? (I already have C&C3)

Thanks
---
Im opposite of a care bear
#2KillerTrufflePosted 5/1/2014 3:01:25 PM
Zero Hour is my personal favorite. All are excellent tho, and worth playing. Red Alert 2 and Tiberium Wars also stand out distinctly in my memory. But my hands-down favorite was Generals: Zero Hour.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3KarnRX78Posted 5/1/2014 3:05:25 PM
I spent so many hours playing Tiberium Sun and RA2 and the expansions for both. The campaigns for both were a blast, I still play them from time to time.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#4SneakiestNegPosted 5/1/2014 3:05:35 PM
Honorary mention for the Red Alert cutscenes. Stalin is cool. Evil but cool. A real life JRPG bad guy
#5sn3akywafflesPosted 5/1/2014 3:07:37 PM
Damn i really didnt know which one to pick, the memories ive had with all 3
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#6Garage_ManPosted 5/1/2014 3:08:54 PM
Tiberium! I LOVE CNC3 and still play it regularly with a few friends online. I also love generals. My favorite FPS game is the Renegade one.

They are all terrific to be honest. I have more hours then I care to admit into red alert and tiberium sun.
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 5/1/2014 3:09:05 PM
I have no idea why, but I could never get into Generals... Maybe it was because Wc3 Frozen Throne took all my time during those years *shrug*

Command and Conquer 3 was pretty good but red alert is the best imo
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#8KillerTrufflePosted 5/1/2014 3:12:20 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Zero Hour is my personal favorite. All are excellent tho, and worth playing. Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun also stand out distinctly in my memory. But my hands-down favorite was Generals: Zero Hour.

---
#9KillerTrufflePosted 5/1/2014 3:15:42 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
I have no idea why, but I could never get into Generals... Maybe it was because Wc3 Frozen Throne took all my time during those years *shrug*

Command and Conquer 3 was pretty good but red alert is the best imo

That's too bad. Zero Hour had 12 factions (3 factions plus 3 sub-factions for each), and 11 of the 12 were super well-balanced. Stealth GLA was gimped a bit due to all the detection methods other factions had. But my friend and I were both so good at that game once upon a time, we could both pick random factions every time, and it was always a toss-up who would win (as long as neither had stealth, which would inevitably lose). Having so many different factions that unique from each other and still achieving that level of balance was pretty amazing. There was no guaranteed win by choosing any of the factions.
---
#10sonic_man00Posted 5/1/2014 3:37:46 PM
First one.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.