This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hows Shadowrun Returns?

#1refmonPosted 5/1/2014 6:17:05 PM
its on sale
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2BogePosted 5/1/2014 6:20:55 PM
Good question. I know it got about 70s for reviews, but it's highly moddable, yeah? Anything worthy coming from that?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#3Dark ElfPosted 5/1/2014 6:34:19 PM
It's pretty good if you temper expectations. Supposedly, the expansion is much better.
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/1/2014 6:34:44 PM
It's mediocre.
#5DieForMotherLandPosted 5/1/2014 11:23:54 PM
regular game is meh
but the expansion is awesome. Definitely get the expansion if you're buying the game.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#6Mudkip57Posted 5/1/2014 11:31:57 PM
I like it
#7akuma634Posted 5/1/2014 11:33:39 PM
I backed it on Kickstarter, and I think it's great. It really feels like what a modern Shadowrun videogame should be. A great feature is the Steam Workshop where anybody can create their own stories. I haven't checked in a while but there was a project that set out to remake the SNES game, I don't know if that ever got finished.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 5/2/2014 1:08:12 AM(edited)
if youre going to buy it, buy it for its dlc which is substantially better and longer than the default game. Shadowrun Returns tho is still good, its just very linear, in turn limits options and is fairly short for a game of its type(~10hours) all of which the dlc improves on(and is actually substantially longer than the main game at 15-20hours). Eitherway if you like games like this then yeah its definitely worth picking up and for $15 youre getting a good 25-30hours of content with a good story, writing, replay value and pretty solid turn based combat.

that said theres some really good mods for the normal game if you only want to stick with that and maybe wait for a bigger deal on the dlc.
---
Currently playing: Don't Starve - Just Cause 2 - Dark Souls 2
#9shamfuruPosted 5/2/2014 12:13:00 AM
It's a full-on tablet port.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#10Sk0rbutPosted 5/2/2014 12:16:54 AM
shamfuru posted...
It's a full-on tablet port.

It's not.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.