This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hows Shadowrun Returns?

#11shamfuruPosted 5/2/2014 1:17:19 AM
Sk0rbut posted...
shamfuru posted...
It's a full-on tablet port.

It's not.

It was on release.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#12Silent Sniper IVPosted 5/2/2014 3:58:51 AM(edited)
Regular game was so-so, probably skippable unless you're a big SR fan. I loved it anyway and it was nice seeing the callbacks to the 1990s game. Expansion on the other hand was all-around fantastic, and also retroactively patched issues with the original game like saves and weapon balance.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#13refmon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 4:14:54 PM(edited)
Seems fun, I am going to pick it up soon but is there anything I should also grab from the steam workshop?
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#14revolverPosted 5/2/2014 3:53:09 PM
shamfuru posted...
Sk0rbut posted...
shamfuru posted...
It's a full-on tablet port.

It's not.

It was on release.

Shut up, it came out for ios and android months after the initial pc release, and the expansion pack hasn't released for tablets yet.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#15ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/2/2014 4:19:25 PM
revolver posted...
Shut up, it came out for ios and android months after the initial pc release, and the expansion pack hasn't released for tablets yet.

It was dumbed down because they had always planned for it to be on tablets. Just like Xcom.
#16shamfuruPosted 5/3/2014 12:04:39 AM
Dat ad hominem
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#17KabtheMentatPosted 5/3/2014 12:17:19 AM
DUMBED DOWN! PORT!!

Next you're going to hear how consoles made the game become inferior.

Anyway, it's a good game. Excellent writing. Can't go wrong at that price right now.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#18shamfuruPosted 5/3/2014 12:23:47 AM(edited)
More people dodging my point. Is this one a strawman?

It WAS made primarily for tablets. My god, the mouse controls were trash and the game was so barren and simplified because it needed to fit on one.

Lot of strange people from the FF14 board here though.
---
#19KabtheMentatPosted 5/3/2014 12:34:05 AM
Let's pretend that's 100% true for a sec.

Who ******* cares. It's a good game. It was a Kickstarter game from a long shelved video game license. It was trying to replicate the PnP game somewhat faithful and it did that.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#20shamfuruPosted 5/3/2014 1:17:54 AM
Whole lot of misplaced anger.

I bet you backed it on kickstarter.
---