This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want a gaming PC

#1LordTrinenPosted 5/2/2014 11:59:12 AM
I want a good gaming PC. Need some advice.

My first game will be Skyrim. They say it is processor heavy. What is the minimum strength processor I should get?

Want to hook it up to my TV. Someone told me that there might be compatibility issues. Is that something I should worry about?
#2MonkeymagePosted 5/2/2014 12:00:31 PM
I recommend a medium-heavy strength processor with extra digits.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#3pothocketPosted 5/2/2014 12:08:48 PM
It depends on what type of TV you have. what's the make/model?
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#4ClouddxPosted 5/2/2014 12:10:56 PM(edited)
www.logicalincrements.com look over this website as it contains many builds in every price range. For a decent performing computer you want to put in at least $500. So the minimum video card you should be looking at is the 750 ti.

as long as you have an HDTV with HDMI inputs you'll have no worries as far as hooking your comp up to a TV.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 2:10:08 PM
My TV is a Toshiba. The model number is 32C110U1. There are two HDMI ports in the back, both occupied by my PS4 and Wii U currently, as well as a PC port. Does that help?

A friend of mine told me that when looking at video/graphics cards I should focus on NVIDIA or ATI. Fortunately the pre-built PCs I've seen all had that.

I'm torn between getting a pre-built or a custom built PC. My friend said a pre-built is better because I can get a warranty and everything. I went to a Best Buy last weekend and the cheapest option they had for a gaming PC was $800. I'm going to visit a more dedicated computer store this weekend to see what they have.

While a custom built PC sounds cheaper and all I have no doubt I'd screw up in some fashion trying to put it together myself.

I'd prefer to stick to $500 to $600 but if I had to I'd be willing to splurge a bit and go with the $800 one.
#6mrtywerPosted 5/2/2014 2:44:38 PM
LordTrinen posted...
My TV is a Toshiba. The model number is 32C110U1. There are two HDMI ports in the back, both occupied by my PS4 and Wii U currently, as well as a PC port. Does that help?

A friend of mine told me that when looking at video/graphics cards I should focus on NVIDIA or ATI. Fortunately the pre-built PCs I've seen all had that.

I'm torn between getting a pre-built or a custom built PC. My friend said a pre-built is better because I can get a warranty and everything. I went to a Best Buy last weekend and the cheapest option they had for a gaming PC was $800. I'm going to visit a more dedicated computer store this weekend to see what they have.

While a custom built PC sounds cheaper and all I have no doubt I'd screw up in some fashion trying to put it together myself.

I'd prefer to stick to $500 to $600 but if I had to I'd be willing to splurge a bit and go with the $800 one.

DO NOT buy prebuilt. Especially from best buy. They are absolute crap, and your $600 built-yourself comp will demolish a $600 prebuilt.
---
Current rig: ASUS p5q pro-turbo - 4g DDR2 RAM - Intel Core-2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 ghz - Sapphire Radeon R7 260x, $200. Hey, it's better than smacking rocks together.
#7mrtywerPosted 5/2/2014 2:52:08 PM(edited)
Putting a computer together is 900% easier than it sounds. Find a 2 hour youtube tutorial, and you are set. Honestly.

It's literally almost impossible to screw up a build yourself, all the parts fit only 1 direction, and as long as you don't force stuff and break it, it basically assembles itself.
---
Current rig: ASUS p5q pro-turbo - 4g DDR2 RAM - Intel Core-2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 ghz - Sapphire Radeon R7 260x, $200. Hey, it's better than smacking rocks together.
#8LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 3:59:41 PM
mrtywer posted...
Putting a computer together is 900% easier than it sounds. Find a 2 hour youtube tutorial, and you are set. Honestly.

It's literally almost impossible to screw up a build yourself, all the parts fit only 1 direction, and as long as you don't force stuff and break it, it basically assembles itself.

I've been wanting to play Skyrim PC for a while now. Lately that desire has gone into overdrive and I am VERY anxious to get a PC. How long does it generally take to gather the pieces and build a PC?
#9SleepComaPosted 5/2/2014 4:11:33 PM
Also stop listening to your friend. He is an idiot.
---
i7-4770k@stock | GA-Z87X-UD5H | EVGA 780Ti | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Seagate 600 SSD 240 GB | WDC Black 1 + 2 TB HDD | HAF 932 Advanced | NH-D14 | Capstone 650w
#10Loserman15Posted 5/2/2014 4:14:46 PM
You can gather the pieces online and build in 3-4 days.