This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want a gaming PC

#31SlaynPosted 5/3/2014 2:30:30 PM
I am curious what integrated graphics card can run Skyrim "well with good graphics and mods" honestly...
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#32LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:56:22 PM
Slayn posted...
I am curious what integrated graphics card can run Skyrim "well with good graphics and mods" honestly...

Forgive me if I'm not using the right terminology. I know how to use computers but I know next to nothing about their inner workings.

Here's what the guy wrote on this quote sheet he gave me. His handwriting is a little hard to read but this is what it looks like.

Processor: 7850
Motherboard: Gigabyte FM2+ F2A88+
Memory: 8GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Power Supply: TR2-600
Video card: R9 270
#33mrtywerPosted 5/3/2014 2:59:53 PM(edited)
LordTrinen posted...
Slayn posted...

Forgive me if I'm not using the right terminology. I know how to use computers but I know next to nothing about their inner workings.

Here's what the guy wrote on this quote sheet he gave me. His handwriting is a little hard to read but this is what it looks like.

That processor is 5 years old, and a dual core. Plz no. if you are going to be building a new computer, or even buying a new computer, you should definitely be going with a quad core or better, so that the rig will actually last a decent amount of time.
---
Current rig: ASUS p5q pro-turbo - 4g DDR2 RAM - Intel Core-2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 ghz - Sapphire Radeon R7 260x, $200. Hey, it's better than smacking rocks together.
#34LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 3:38:08 PM
mrtywer posted...
LordTrinen posted...
Slayn posted...

That processor is 5 years old, and a dual core. Plz no. if you are going to be building a new computer, or even buying a new computer, you should definitely be going with a quad core or better, so that the rig will actually last a decent amount of time.

So...when I go back I should talk to the guy about a more powerful processor? This 7850 one he mentions won't cut it in the long run?
#35phantasyPosted 5/3/2014 3:53:55 PM(edited)
why dont you buy the parts yourself then have him assemble it for you. I am pretty sure that store will also charge a slight markup in price on the components.

$800 even
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Dn1P
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#36LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 4:20:17 PM
phantasy posted...
why dont you buy the parts yourself then have him assemble it for you. I am pretty sure that store will also charge a slight markup in price on the components.

$800 even

I'll just go looking in the store itself. They probably have stronger processors but simply picked this one because I said I wanted it cheap.

They actually had a big chalkboard in the store listing various processors, video cards and other parts alongside their prices and the most recent prices on newegg. Most of their prices were cheaper.

Depending on how tomorrow goes I may try swinging out there again.
#37Sergei_DukanovPosted 5/3/2014 5:54:00 PM
phantasy posted...

$800 even

Thats almost on par what my brothers rig is. Except he is crossfiring a 7850 and a 7870. Except he has an SSD, 16 gigs of ram and a much larger PSU. It runs all his games very well and he also uses photo shop and encodes videos.
---
FX8350 @ 4.4ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290 x2 | ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom white and red.
#38HamJabroniPosted 5/3/2014 7:41:58 PM
phantasy posted...

$800 even

made some changes

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3DubK
---
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"
-Lelouch vi Britannia
#39VoidNoodlePosted 5/3/2014 9:01:14 PM
Post your budget, TC.
---
Steam: VoidNoodle PSN: VoidNoodle/SlashGeeGee
osu!: VoidNoodle
#40PsythikPosted 5/3/2014 9:34:14 PM
LordTrinen posted...
mrtywer posted...
LordTrinen posted...
Slayn posted...

So...when I go back I should talk to the guy about a more powerful processor? This 7850 one he mentions won't cut it in the long run?
I wouldn't go back at all. He just tried to scam you.

But if you insist, do what phantasy said and buy the parts for him. Don't trust any hardware advice this guy gives you.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg