This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

got a good tax return

#11thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 10:39:48 PM(edited)
oh ok! I didn't know that. so how about them ideas?

edit: I also don't need a chair until this one breaks. I love it too much. it's f***ing comfortable.
---
this is a sig
#12WyzeGyePosted 5/2/2014 11:21:37 PM
I dunno man, my idea is in your topic on RI. that's personally what i would do. keep in mind you'd only need to buy another 4gb of ram
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#13thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:22:52 AM
WyzeGye posted...
I dunno man, my idea is in your topic on RI. that's personally what i would do. keep in mind you'd only need to buy another 4gb of ram

and upgrade my OS. something that seems worth too much of my time.
---
this is a sig
#14DahlVaughnniPosted 5/3/2014 4:33:04 AM
Save it up for a down payment on a house ya nerd.
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#15DmanTeePosted 5/3/2014 6:02:17 AM
You could get a 780ti/290x and add 4GB of ram to your build. Depending on how good of a tax return you got and how much you're willing to part, you could even get two new video cards and run them in SLI/CF.
---
FC 4270-1910-4066
#16SlaynPosted 5/3/2014 7:33:13 AM
SSD, 8gb memory, Windows 8 x64.

You will be amazed at the speed increase in daily activities, and ESPECIALLY the boot up time.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#17thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:20:47 PM
if I do get a new video card, I'd likely go Nvidia. My last two cards(the aforementioned 570 and a 7900 GT OC I bought in like '06) were good. not that I would since my 570 has served me faithfully the last two and a half years.

how hard is it to switch to a new OS? I know I would have to transfer all of my files(which would require some sort of external storage) but other than that, is there anything? like formatting? if I get an SSD would I be able to dual boot?
---
this is a sig
#18WyzeGyePosted 5/3/2014 12:22:58 PM
if you got an ssd you would definitely be able to reboot. you'll lose about 30 gigabytes in the process by not just wiping your last install... but that's not a bad idea if you want to keep your stuff and don't wanna bother with backing anything up.
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#19popping4itPosted 5/3/2014 4:13:19 PM(edited)
thatauthor posted...
if I do get a new video card, I'd likely go Nvidia. My last two cards(the aforementioned 570 and a 7900 GT OC I bought in like '06) were good. not that I would since my 570 has served me faithfully the last two and a half years.

how hard is it to switch to a new OS? I know I would have to transfer all of my files(which would require some sort of external storage) but other than that, is there anything? like formatting? if I get an SSD would I be able to dual boot?

yes if you buy an SSD you can just do a fresh new install on the SSD. (just make sure you're installing it to that drive and not your other drive) then you can dual boot to your previously installed windows and the clean installed windows.

but with a new install you'd have to install your browser of choice change your settings. download other programs you regularly use steam etc. so that will take a bit of time.

i would also move over stuff from your other hdd over as needed or keep it there and just delete windows files once you dont need to dual boot anymore.
---
whens mahvel?
#20ComradeRyanPosted 5/3/2014 4:53:04 PM
Diablo III & Total War: Rome II are worth getting.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com