This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Confirm/Deny: Controllers killed Arena FPS

#21saltedhamPosted 5/2/2014 11:41:45 PM
i play quake 3 arena and unreal tournament online with a controller on the dreamcast. had a blast. opened up my eyes to online games. good times

and got wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkttttttttttt when some guy with a green connection speed would join. (was using dreamcast 56k)
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#22Hi CPosted 5/3/2014 12:01:54 AM
I admire the fact no one in this topic actually replied with "C/D".
#23Bazooka_PenguinPosted 5/3/2014 12:23:11 AM
No, it was just phased out by other trends.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#24The_Count_FooPosted 5/3/2014 12:27:01 AM
It killed fast paced twitch shooting.
---
Divided by night...
#25killkountPosted 5/3/2014 1:39:49 AM
Anything less than a keyboard+mouse is a joke.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#26DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/3/2014 2:56:22 AM
D. The tryhard casuals that don't even know what an arena FPS is, but act all elitist and try to tell everyone that this or that thing killed a genre did.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#27Pengu1nPosted 5/3/2014 4:24:27 AM
PC FPS games have too many controls these days. The days of Doom you only needed to have keys to view map, switch weapons move, sprint, look around, strafe, shoot and activate. Looking at crysis 2 as an example you need keys to not only do all those things but also reload, jump, attach weapon attachments, use and switch abilities, secondary fire, ADS, throw grenades, melee attack and more besides. If you was using a KB/mouse combo it would be rather tricky to do all that in an arena FPS (akin to keyboard twister) but is much easier IMO using an Xbox360 pad.
---
AMD FX 6300, HYPER 212 EVO, 16GB DDR3, 7870 GHZ 2GB, 2x 1TB HDD's, 64 GB SATA III SSD, 12X BLU RAY, 750W PSU, X-FI SOUND CARD,WINDOWS 7
#28crawdadPosted 5/3/2014 6:26:11 AM
Pengu1n posted...
PC FPS games have too many controls these days. The days of Doom you only needed to have keys to view map, switch weapons move, sprint, look around, strafe, shoot and activate. Looking at crysis 2 as an example you need keys to not only do all those things but also reload, jump, attach weapon attachments, use and switch abilities, secondary fire, ADS, throw grenades, melee attack and more besides. If you was using a KB/mouse combo it would be rather tricky to do all that in an arena FPS (akin to keyboard twister) but is much easier IMO using an Xbox360 pad.

Which is Why Halo PC would've been so good, It kept controls simple.

Personalyl I love controllers and have issues playing most shooters with them. but for some reason I can NEVER bring myself to using one when play Q3 or UT even though I'm only a fraction capable on a M/KB.
---
"it was a slow go" - gmo7897. I'm an expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#29drinkPosted 5/3/2014 6:45:31 AM
Proof what killed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwuy4hHO3YQ&feature=kp
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#30Killah PriestPosted 5/3/2014 8:24:18 AM
I think arena FPS being dumb and boring is what killed arena FPS.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.