This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Turtle Rock just fired their community manager over a tweet...

#21TheNeoVoidPosted 5/3/2014 6:04:22 AM
Woo America! White guilt, double standards and news fear mongering.
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#22AnatomyHorrorPosted 5/3/2014 6:08:23 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully the guy finds a new job soon, I'm sure he has a family to support. But I guess he belongs in prison with murderers and rapists like some other poster suggested. What a stupid ass society we live in.
#23aak57Posted 5/3/2014 6:40:13 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
They've gotten tons of backlash because of what they did. People need to stop defending things like this. Freedom of speech is more than a constitutional amendment. It's a principle.

Someone doesn't have to be affiliated with the state or government to infringe upon your right to life. Someone doesn't have to be affiliated with the state or government to infringe upon your right to speech. When you can't get a job because you accidentally stated your opinion in front of someone, even in the comfort of your own home, that's not healthy for society.

Especially with the media going after everyone who says something wrong. We now have the 2 minute hate from 1984. It's like every single week they're thinking of who to hate next. The media is a courtroom, and every court case takes place in a kangaroo court where the goal is to cause as much strife as possible.

Witch hunts are fun and games until it's your opinion that's next on the chopping block.

Just you wait until a group of people decide that you and your family don't deserve livelihood because you had the audacity to have a differing opinion. Even from the comfort of your own home.

Take your idealism elsewhere, bro. Opinions are not equal and never have been. Society has been punishing behavior it deems unacceptable since society became a thing. It's one of the reasons society became a thing, actually.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#24matu90rkPosted 5/3/2014 7:05:11 AM
aak57 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
They've gotten tons of backlash because of what they did. People need to stop defending things like this. Freedom of speech is more than a constitutional amendment. It's a principle.

Someone doesn't have to be affiliated with the state or government to infringe upon your right to life. Someone doesn't have to be affiliated with the state or government to infringe upon your right to speech. When you can't get a job because you accidentally stated your opinion in front of someone, even in the comfort of your own home, that's not healthy for society.

Especially with the media going after everyone who says something wrong. We now have the 2 minute hate from 1984. It's like every single week they're thinking of who to hate next. The media is a courtroom, and every court case takes place in a kangaroo court where the goal is to cause as much strife as possible.

Witch hunts are fun and games until it's your opinion that's next on the chopping block.

Just you wait until a group of people decide that you and your family don't deserve livelihood because you had the audacity to have a differing opinion. Even from the comfort of your own home.

Take your idealism elsewhere, bro. Opinions are not equal and never have been. Society has been punishing behavior it deems unacceptable since society became a thing. It's one of the reasons society became a thing, actually.

That's what Cultural Marxists tell you to convince you that this is fine. America is the country most affected by the plague of Cultural Marxism, which has been spreading through all of the western societies.
#25aak57Posted 5/3/2014 7:09:46 AM(edited)
I never gave an opinion on the matter. I simply stated something that is basically truth: people have always been negatively treated for certain opinions throughout history. This is really undeniable, and doesn't mean that these treatments have always been fair. It is what is, however. The flipside of this debate would be someone getting tarred and feathered back in the day for saying that it's weird to not wanna hang out with black people.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#26arleasPosted 5/3/2014 7:15:30 AM(edited)
Whether you agree with the company's decision or not, I'm sure it wasn't his place to use the company Twitter account as a platform to discuss his personal beliefs. If you want to support racism, do that on your own account.

Now if he WAS using his own account and got fired over that, well... that's just stupid. Stuff like this is why you have to be extremely careful about what you say if you're in PR.

Edit: I just looked and yeah, he was using his own twitter account. Even dumber, he wasn't saying he supported the racism, he said he supported his right to his own opinions in private which I agree with.

---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#27Killah PriestPosted 5/3/2014 7:21:29 AM
Who in their right mind would defend Donald Sterling.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#28Bossdog421Posted 5/3/2014 7:25:50 AM
DiviDude posted...
Considering Sterling's bigotry was most certainly not being confined to "the security of his own home", he doesn't really have a point.

And just because speech is free of legal consequences does not imply is it free of other (namely societal) consequences. This is not a difficult concept to understand. Society no longer wants or is willing to tolerate that kind of person in a position of power, regardless of their capacity to, say, earn profits. Refuse to adapt at your own peril.

This.

Free speech is completely abused. If you think you can handle saying whatever you what whenever and wherever you want, you should be able to handle the consequences that could be involved.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#29Little_TyraniusPosted 5/3/2014 7:27:02 AM
^ Who in their right mind would defend an attack on freedom of speech?
#30frenzzzy07Posted 5/3/2014 7:30:23 AM
So why did he comment on the Donald Sterling situation as a community manager?
---
Member of the stop complaining about everything in the game that can kill you just because you suck Club.