This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Age of Mythology extended edition

#1therickmu25Posted 5/3/2014 6:18:34 AM(edited)
I have a group of friends that are raving about this and saying I should pick it up next week.

I don't play RTS's but they are saying they will help me and the game is really fun.

Also, this group of friends and myself play Dota2 and are pretty good at that game which was hard to learn.

Can I get some opinions on the game from people that k now what the new version is about?
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#2Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 5/3/2014 8:00:59 AM
If you like Dota then RTS's are vaguely similar, or at least similar to playing someone like Chen, Beastmaster, or Meepo. Micro is less important at lower skill levels, which is good because you're controlling a lot more at once obviously.

AoM is a pretty dated game at this point, but still one of the best RTS games out there IMO. I don't know what's really changing in the new version, because I've personally fallen out of love with the genre in recent years and haven't been keeping up, but in my memory the game is a heck of a lot of fun, with a surprising amount of action for a strategy game. The god powers really spice things up - a giant meteor changing the tide of a key battle tends to do that.

If a bunch of your friends are getting it and want to play it together, and you've easily got the cash to spare, why not? Even crappy games are pretty fun with mates, and this is by no means one of those.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*