This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question: Why do some people prefer COUNTER STRIKE over CoD/BF4?

#21GunmaN1905Posted 5/3/2014 10:42:48 AM(edited)
I'll give it a shot.
First of all, I still think CS 1.6 is the best and most balanced FPS ever made. GO has taken over, but I still play 1.6 with my friends and I'm afraid nothing will ever surpass it.
Map balance is one thing. Maps are carefully balanced and every box/wall is there for a reason, at least in maps used in competitive games.
Bullets can go through walls, depending on the caliber and thickness of the wall. I think no game had that back in the day. Once you learn all the spots, you'll be amazed what you can do with wall-banging.
You actually need skill while shooting, it's really hard to learn how to shoot properly with rifles like AK47.
There are no overpowered weapons. I personally played both BF and CoD and was good in most of them, but you can't compare those 2 with CS. I mean, getting in the tank and blowing people up or just using RPG or other missle/grenade launchers isn't fun at all.

Skill cap is so high, you can improve even after 10k hours in the game. There was a million things back in 1.6 like bhop maps and such.
On top of that, CS is and always was very cheap and it didn't require any high specs on your pc, so everyone could play it. Here in EU it's the most popular FPS game, especially in countries with lower life standards where people can't really afford high end gaming pcs.

And yes, you'll get destroyed if you're not very good at other FPS games. When I first played CoD I was great at CS and I was better than most people there, because CS has harder mechanics.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#22biohazard1775Posted 5/3/2014 10:45:37 AM
Higher skill ceiling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without
#23TheNeoVoidPosted 5/3/2014 10:45:38 AM
If you try to play Rambo style in Counter Strike you're gonna have a bad time.
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#24AsucaHayashiPosted 5/3/2014 10:48:58 AM(edited)
SlickRick73 posted...
sonic_man00 posted...
Why do people keep making bait-topics?

Wtf. It's not a "bait topic". I really wanted to know. Geez, man. Chill out.

15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now view own posting history.

of course it's not a bait topic.

anyways on another note can anyone find the video of a CS pro dominating randoms in black ops with like 10 mins of experience in the game? found out his name was casey foster and the video was fairly popular but was deleted from YT.

edit: apparently not deleted but went private instead... any other uploads perhaps?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#25Chaos_MissilePosted 5/3/2014 10:48:12 AM
No such thing as regenerating health, for one.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#26farigontiPosted 5/3/2014 11:14:16 AM
CS GO introduced (to the series) an addictive competitive mode that really hones in the players and encourages teamwork. There were Cal games previously to match that competitive feeling, but now it's easier than ever since personal dedicated servers were required previously.

Also, gamers love to feel rewarded for playing. CS GO offers skill ranks and random weapon drops with cool skins.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#27therickmu25Posted 5/3/2014 11:32:52 AM
CS never gets enough credit for the amazing maps that originated from that series.

Timeless maps where there is no single strat. That's fool proof and they never get old after a million matches.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#28RosencroitzPosted 5/3/2014 11:39:26 AM(edited)
Really? You're comparing Counter-Strike with Call of Duty and Battlefield and asking why it's more popular? It's hard to believe anybody could be that dense.

EDIT: Just noticed that it's a bait topic. Thought so.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#29Orestes417Posted 5/3/2014 11:39:19 AM
Different style game completely. Just like BF and CoD are completely different style games, with none remotely being a substitute for the other. CS is good when you want to play more tactically with higher stakes and more individual importance.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#30TheMove2Posted 5/3/2014 11:49:21 AM
good aim is good aim in any pc fps game.