This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Directx 12

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Directx 12
2 years ago#1
Does anyone know if it will support Windows 7?
2 years ago#2
No it does not.
Windows 7 is from 2009, it's pretty old now sadly :'(
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#3
Do we know that for certain?

And honestly I doubt it's make much of a difference any way. if DX12 doesn't have any hardware requirements then it probably won't matter in the end anyway.

Am I wrong to think this?
"it was a slow go" - gmo7897. I'm an expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
2 years ago#4
Windows 7 doesn't even have full support for DX11.1.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
2 years ago#5
godplaysSNES posted...
Windows 7 doesn't even have full support for DX11.1.
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
2 years ago#6
It's time to move on. Windows 8.1 is just as good as 7 now (and will be even better once they bring back the Start Menu (which personally I didn't miss anyway)). If you're gonna be stubborn at the very least upgrade to 9 when it comes out.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
2 years ago#7
Psythik posted...
It's time to move on. Windows 8.1 is just as good as 7 now (and will be even better once they bring back the Start Menu (which personally I didn't miss anyway)). If you're gonna be stubborn at the very least upgrade to 9 when it comes out.

I'm fine with Windows 8 but there's no reason for me to fork over another $100 for it when W7 does everything I want. Not even for DirectX12. I treat my operating system like the CPU - I'll upgrade when I build a new PC entirely.

It's just BS that Microsoft would lock out a large chunk of the userbase like that. But it IS Microsoft.
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
2 years ago#8
^Should've gotten the $15 upgrade when 8 came out. I'm glad I did.
2 years ago#9
TropicMoon10 posted...
It's just BS that Microsoft would lock out a large chunk of the userbase like that. But it IS Microsoft.

When DX12 launches in holiday 2015, Windows 7 will be six years old. At some point MS needs you to buy a new version of Windows. Mainstream support for Windows 7 ends in January 2015, btw, not supporting Windows 7 with DX12 is entirely fair.

If you dont want to upgrade, thats fine, but its not BS for them to not support Windows 7 with DX12. They're not doing their usual "you must buy the newest version of windows which we just released" crap either, they're supporting Windows 8 along with Windows 9.
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
2 years ago#10
The sad fact is that almost every studio will stick with DX11.0 if Microsoft requres Windows 8 and above for DX12

There's always hope for OpenGL to make a difference, but then again, almost no one uses it
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Directx 12

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived