This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please find me a decent printer.

#1teirPosted 5/3/2014 12:32:39 PM
I'm looking for something with a scanner that wont break and jam constantly. I've got an HP Photosmart c5200. This thing is a giant piece of crap. It keeps telling me theres a carriage jam when there is no jam. I've cleaned it a bit and tried moving around the thing under the carriage. I've determined it's not worth fixing and to never buy HP again. Any help would be appreciated. Also it's a home printer.
#2Arucard05Posted 5/3/2014 12:38:39 PM
I recommend this one

http://www.amazon.com/Wiiboox-one-Desktop-Printer-250/dp/B00JM269IO
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R I'm a model, you know what I mean.
#3WerdnAndreWPosted 5/3/2014 12:40:21 PM
I have a Brother MFC-J435W and its been working great so far, bought for about $50 or so. Ink cartridges are only a couple bucks. I would look for a similar brother printer that uses the same cheap ink cartridges (LC75).
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#4teir(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 12:45:19 PM
I've heard Brother printers aren't bad. I would love to have that 3D printer. I could turn in all my papers in 3D.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 5/3/2014 1:08:03 PM
Unless you're willing to spring big bucks on (and actually need) a top of the line enterprise model just buy the cheapest one you can find and throw it away when it breaks/needs more ink. It's really not uncommon for a new printer to be cheaper than a set of ink carts.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6JockoPosted 5/3/2014 4:21:08 PM
Dude home printers have only been around for about 30 years. How could you possibly expect printer manufacturers to have a solution to paper jams in that short amount of time? Next thing you know you'll be asking for an operating system that doesn't require you to constantly configure IRQ settings to get your mouse and keyboard to stop conflicting with each other. What do you think this is Star Trek?
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#7LordSeiferPosted 5/3/2014 4:22:47 PM
if ink is close to the cost of your printer you need to find a better source of ink.
ie ebay.

that said my brother laser is great, only does black though thats all i need currently.

and my epson photo printer is a piece of garbage that keeps refusing to use cartridges that are half full. do not buy.
---
^ this
#8drinkPosted 5/3/2014 4:31:49 PM
I've found HPs to be good for home printing
Brother is good for home/office
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#9GTRagnarokPosted 5/3/2014 4:37:36 PM
I have a Samsung laser printer (CLP-315) that's yet to jam. Replacing the toner is extremely cheap too, because I can buy them in bottles and manually pour them into the cartridges instead of buying new cartridges like I'm supposed to.
---
Wow. Very sig. Such original. Wow.
#10BeknessPosted 5/3/2014 4:43:01 PM
I had 2 Epsons break really quickly, babes and I picked out a new HP one and it works fine.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx