This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every time something bad happens with Steam

#11Arsene-LupinPosted 5/3/2014 2:35:13 PM
As I understand things, valve is grossly inferior to 30EA in some respects, thanks to their abysmal customer service and lack of a return policy, even for defective content. Not to mention the lack of quality control that has turned Steam into a shovelware market.

Oh--and how they allow dirty business practice and don't enforce proper crediting of original developers,for rereleased content.

We all love Steam, but its important to realize that Valve does a lot of things wrong. Whether Valve is better or worse than EA is irrelevant, as both have a ton of room for improvement.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#12PsythikPosted 5/3/2014 2:59:51 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Everytime something bad happens with steam, I'm usually playing Battlefield and don't even notice till I see the topics. Go figure.

Battlefield is trash, though.
Entertaining, addictive trash, though.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#13Shogunate00Posted 5/3/2014 3:27:21 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Everytime something bad happens with steam, I'm usually playing Battlefield and don't even notice till I see the topics. Go figure.

If it were EA would you then care
#14Nineteen99Posted 5/3/2014 3:45:45 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
people come out of the woodwork to pretend that Valve is just as bad as EA.

Valve isn't as bad as EA.

Steam is worse than Origin, though.

I'm ready for your hate, PCH.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#15Little_TyraniusPosted 5/3/2014 3:57:33 PM
lack of a return policy, even for defective content.

I never once bought defective content from Steam. Guess you bought a game your PC couldn't handle, do your research next time.
#16TropicMoon10Posted 5/3/2014 4:08:00 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Hmmm, cant remember the last time live went down

I can't remember the last time I paid $60 a year for multiplayer privileges. :P
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#17ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 4:19:42 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

#rekt
#18Neo_PortaPottyPosted 5/3/2014 5:09:16 PM
Little_Tyranius posted...
lack of a return policy, even for defective content.

I never once bought defective content from Steam. Guess you bought a game your PC couldn't handle, do your research next time.

Warz when it very first released prior to the bad word of mouth though that one I actually was able to get refunded.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#19DrgonbxcrossPosted 5/3/2014 5:11:25 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#20Orestes417Posted 5/3/2014 5:15:59 PM
Shogunate00 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

If it were EA would you then care

Only if it actually affected my ability to play the game. If Origin went down right now I could still rock BC2 and BF2 just fine, in much the same way most of the games on steam can be played while steam itself is having issues.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together