This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every time something bad happens with Steam

#31DrgonbxcrossPosted 5/3/2014 7:24:46 PM(edited)
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Hmmm, cant remember the last time live went down

I can't remember the last time I paid $60 a year for multiplayer privileges. :P

I cant remember the last time I had to look for a sale because I cant afford to buy games. Thats right, I dont have too.

wat. Steam has like 30 sales a week. You don't have to look because they're shoved down your throats. 66% off star wars and 75% activision weekend? It's been all over steam all week. There is literally never a moment when steam doesn't have a sale. I'm not even sure there are words to convey how dumb what you just said was and have you actually understand.

And since when does buying a game on sale make you poor? Since when does paying more for a game make you better? Did you graduate highschool? Because there's no way someone that's not 15 could make this statement, and even then I'm sure most 15 year olds wouldn't say it either.

Mangorush posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
I can't remember the last time I paid $60 a year for multiplayer privileges. :P

I can't remember the last time I played a great exclusive game on PC, oh wait, there isn't any.

errr, diablo 2? starcraft? League of legends? Counterstrike? You know, the most popular games in the world?

Let's not even talk about why a majority of games that are not pc exclusive are all around better on pc, and why having a keyboard and a mouse is light years better for FPS games and how someone with a controller will never kill someone with a keyboard and mouse.
---
this one time, i found a pube in my unopened pokemon game
I would have 1500 karma, but I forgot to login. FC 2065 3310 1217
#32Sergei_DukanovPosted 5/4/2014 12:23:21 AM
Never said about being poor, if you cant afford a $60 extra bucks a year, then you have bigger issues. I never said the sales were dumb or unwelcome. Its just the same crap games over and over. And just because a game has a TON of players does not mean that it is good. A game that I adore might be something that you hate. Everyone has different tastes. Its about quality and not quantity. Thats whats wrong with steam lately. Its a avalanche of the same games with different skins. Maybe one or two might pop out, but thats it. But hey, if owning a million steam games means that much to you, then go right ahead. I buy games that peak my interest, not something thats "OMG SALES HAVE TO BUY!!!!".

And plus, why are we arguing on an internet board? It wont prove nor solve anything.
---
FX8350 @ 4.4ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290 x2 | ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom white and red.
#33MarioFanaticXVPosted 5/4/2014 1:35:24 AM
I don't pretend that Valve is only as bad as EA. I realize that Valve is the single worst company in gaming, and has more or less killed PC gaming. Origin is bad, but Steam started every one of its problems.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#34FenriswolfPosted 5/4/2014 5:16:53 AM
Oh please, if anything, Steam fanboys are the ones who keeps making excuses for Valve's incompetence. Steam lacked basics features like the ability to change install locations and uninstall DLC until very recently. If it happened with any other client, they would've been crucified for their shortcomings, but since it's Valve, they'd just blame the fabled "Valve Time".
---
Hello
#35Fade2black001Posted 5/4/2014 5:38:19 AM
MarioFanaticXV posted...
I don't pretend that Valve is only as bad as EA. I realize that Valve is the single worst company in gaming, and has more or less killed PC gaming. Origin is bad, but Steam started every one of its problems.

From my experience. Origin is immensely worse than Steam is. And valve has more game selection and sales than EA gives BY FAR. This is all facts and been proven ro be true. So I don't know if you were high or drunk when you worte this. Or possibly even both but what you say is false.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#36rusty12000Posted 5/4/2014 5:51:21 AM
When people troll steam, 99% of the time it is jealous console peasants. Just ignore them.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#37TropicMoon10Posted 5/4/2014 5:52:00 AM
Steam got me back into gaming. Period. The convenience and affordability is unrivaled (or it used to be before sites like Amazon and GMG started competing). It's because of that I built myself a gaming capable PC and am enjoying every game I possibly want and more.

I'm never going to blindly defend Valve for everything they do. Of course they're not some sort of charity. They're a business with only profit in mind. But the way they handle business always benefits the consumer as well. And it would be incredible if every company worked that way.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#38huyiPosted 5/4/2014 5:55:24 AM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Hmmm, cant remember the last time live went down, but I am tired of having to update steam every time I use it. Which is around once or twice a week. Just cant get into PC gaming for some odd reason tho.

Updates will always be a inconvenience, no matter what you play :( it's not fun when you have limited game time and there is a hour+ update to download and install.
---
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#39FenriswolfPosted 5/4/2014 6:52:59 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Steam got me back into gaming. Period. The convenience and affordability is unrivaled (or it used to be before sites like Amazon and GMG started competing). It's because of that I built myself a gaming capable PC and am enjoying every game I possibly want and more.

I'm never going to blindly defend Valve for everything they do. Of course they're not some sort of charity. They're a business with only profit in mind. But the way they handle business always benefits the consumer as well. And it would be incredible if every company worked that way.

LOL, Valve's support doesn't even have a chat service or telephone support like EA does. They even once disabled my entire Steam account because chargeback issue, one that was later reveal to be a false alarm.
---
Hello
#40Tyranius2Posted 5/4/2014 7:17:48 AM
Warz when it very first released prior to the bad word of mouth though that one I actually was able to get refunded.

It wasn't defective. The game ran IIRC. The game was crappy which is a whole other matter.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius