This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have nothing to play.

#11jake-sf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 1:52:00 PM
ThePredominate posted...
TC, can I suggest both Pathologic, and The Void?

I sense a message here...

Ikari Gendo posted...
I'd read a book or catch up on a TV show if I were you.

Yes I totally do that, but its hard to sit and watch something all day. Didn't stop me from getting through quite a few shoes, though.I got through DS9 in a month. Star Trek was better than I gave it credit for.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#12Sergei_DukanovPosted 5/3/2014 2:10:06 PM
Get a car, if you are able to without age restrictions. Even a cheap ass beater is a LOT better than being home all day. As for games wise, there is not much outside of that you mentioned, just different skins for the same crap. Or a hobby, woodwork, fishing, something.
---
FX8350 @ 4.4ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290 x2 | ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom white and red.
#13jake-sf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:14:48 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Get a car, if you are able to without age restrictions. Even a cheap ass beater is a LOT better than being home all day. As for games wise, there is not much outside of that you mentioned, just different skins for the same crap. Or a hobby, woodwork, fishing, something.

I don't have a job. I can't even pay for my license until I'm lucky enough to get work.
---
#14ThePredominatePosted 5/3/2014 2:20:00 PM
jake-sf posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

I don't have a job. I can't even pay for my license until I'm lucky enough to get work.

Whenever these topics happen, somebody's always charging in and saying how the TC needs to get out and get a hobby and stuff. It just gets way too personal. He came for a game recommendation on a PC forum. He didn't come for life suggestions on some swanky hippy board where people carve little wooden statues for kicks and experiment with weird teas.
---
"I had a dream of my wife, she was dead. But it was all right."
#15WyzeGyePosted 5/3/2014 2:30:40 PM
When he shoots down every recommendation, yeah, people are likely to make other recommendations.

Guy needs to get out more
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#16Sergei_DukanovPosted 5/3/2014 2:41:10 PM
ThePredominate posted...
jake-sf posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...

Whenever these topics happen, somebody's always charging in and saying how the TC needs to get out and get a hobby and stuff. It just gets way too personal. He came for a game recommendation on a PC forum. He didn't come for life suggestions on some swanky hippy board where people carve little wooden statues for kicks and experiment with weird teas.

I am only giving him options, since I feel almost like him when it comes to PC games. Nothing but indie and moba crap. Not everyone likes side scrolling and 8 bit for everything. Or top down clickers or pay to win F2P. Which is what 80% of all PC games have become.
---
FX8350 @ 4.4ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290 x2 | ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom white and red.
#17DawnshadowPosted 5/3/2014 2:42:57 PM
It honestly sounds like you might be depressed. As in, go speak to a psychologist, your brain chemicals are off type depressed, not just a bit down. I mean, nothing being fun anymore is one of the big in-your-face symptoms, and the OP basically boils down to "I've tried all these games and none of them are fun."

Other than that, how do you feel about sims? I've been playing one of the Tropico games (I forget which; it came in an indie bundle at some point) lately and found it pretty fun.

Also-- while I know it's for a handheld-- did you ever play the GBA and DS Castlevania games? (I know, you asked about PC games, but there are ways.) Aria and Dawn of Sorrow are particularly excellent, in my opinion.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#18jake-sf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 2:49:52 PM(edited)
ThePredominate posted...

Well, if I have a problem with it, I'll say it.

I was the first to even reference my real life, so its not uncalled for.

Dawnshadow posted...
It honestly sounds like you might be depressed. As in, go speak to a psychologist, your brain chemicals are off type depressed, not just a bit down. I mean, nothing being fun anymore is one of the big in-your-face symptoms, and the OP basically boils down to "I've tried all these games and none of them are fun."

Other than that, how do you feel about sims? I've been playing one of the Tropico games (I forget which; it came in an indie bundle at some point) lately and found it pretty fun.

Also-- while I know it's for a handheld-- did you ever play the GBA and DS Castlevania games? (I know, you asked about PC games, but there are ways.) Aria and Dawn of Sorrow are particularly excellent, in my opinion.

Well, I don't want to put my life out there but it definitely could just be me.

I need that job to get out of here and for my life to change, for my mind to be busy, and to start meeting people. Just don't know what to do with myself in the meantime. Summer's coming and the opportunities are now, so I'm getting even more restless.

I did play the Castlevania games on GBA, not on DS, though. They are fun, though SOTN is always the best. Anything console I have to rely on emulators.

---
#19SpazH3dPosted 5/3/2014 2:58:53 PM
You should take up livestreaming and become famous. You can be like AngryJoe, but instead of slightly AngryJoe, you can be HatesEverythingAngryJake.

I am serious. I love watching livestreams.

You will be encouraged to go on whining rampages about the games you are playing, to hundreds of viewers! Exciting!

You dislike the Civilization games too? Or Mount and Blade? Those are long games with many mods.
---
- My vision is augmented
#20jake-sf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 3:11:56 PM
SpazH3d posted...
You should take up livestreaming and become famous. You can be like AngryJoe, but instead of slightly AngryJoe, you can be HatesEverythingAngryJake.

I am serious. I love watching livestreams.

You will be encouraged to go on whining rampages about the games you are playing, to hundreds of viewers! Exciting!

Hah, I did think about that once. I can't record myself naturally for the life of me though.

SpazH3d posted...

You dislike the Civilization games too? Or Mount and Blade? Those are long games with many mods.

Yeah I don't like those games either. I kind of like ideas behind games like Civliization but the more complex games like that tends to just have too much tediousness and things I don't really care about. (and being turn-based).

Did I mention a dislike for historical games? Yep, there's that too.
---