This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is this not a good gaming PC......part 2

#11Bmvc1Posted 5/3/2014 5:08:54 PM
BadVodka posted...
What about sim city 5?

Easily.
#12PsythikPosted 5/3/2014 5:10:28 PM
BadVodka posted...
What about sim city 5?
Nothing can max out SimCity 5. But it's the kind of game that's completely playable at 25 FPS. On my sig rig (which is nearly identical to yours), I max it out anyway but once my city starts to grow FPS drops from the upper 50s to the mid 20s. But like I said it doesn't affect playability at all. This is coming from someone who normally hates when his games drop below 60.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#13Bmvc1Posted 5/3/2014 5:12:46 PM
Psythik posted...
BadVodka posted...
What about sim city 5?
Nothing can max out SimCity 5. But it's the kind of game that's completely playable at 25 FPS. On my sig rig (which is nearly identical to yours), I max it out anyway but once my city starts to grow FPS drops from the upper 50s to the mid 20s. But like I said it doesn't affect playability at all. This is coming from someone who normally hates when his games drop below 60.

I max SimCity 5 no problems. I5-4570 - GTX 660 - 8GB Ram
#14BadVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:17:21 PM(edited)
can't I just lower aliasing to increase FPS on all those games?
#15BadVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:21:38 PM
What about....something tells me I already know answer.

Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Mad Max
#16JKatarnPosted 5/3/2014 5:24:46 PM
The title is somewhat confusing, saying "Why is this not a good gaming PC" implies that people were stating that it's not good for gaming, and with those specs, it will be quite good at playing games. I believe what you meant to say was "Is this PC good for gaming?"
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#17Bmvc1Posted 5/3/2014 5:25:28 PM
I'm starting to feel like I'm being trolled. Those games are not even out yet, don't know what setting you will be able to run them at, but they will run well I'm sure. It will be fine. That's a more than respectable PC. And it can always be upgraded in the future.
#18BadVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:32:18 PM(edited)
Bmvc1 posted...
I'm starting to feel like I'm being trolled. Those games are not even out yet, don't know what setting you will be able to run them at, but they will run well I'm sure. It will be fine. That's a more than respectable PC. And it can always be upgraded in the future.

look i have been burned in the past before. I bought computer with out looking at the specs and thinking it was a gaming computer and it was not. im not trolling im just very ignorant. I came here because yous guys seem to know what you are talking about. Its ether a gaming computer or a ps4.
#19BadVodka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 5:31:07 PM
Bmvc1 posted...

im soory man cyperpunk 2077 just like good time. I have loved cyperpunk stuff since picked up a book by William Gibson
#20Bmvc1Posted 5/3/2014 5:35:44 PM
BadVodka posted...
Bmvc1 posted...

look i have been burned in the past before. I bought computer with out looking at the specs and thinking it was a gaming computer and it was not. im not trolling im just very ignorant. I came here because yous guys seem to know what you are talking about. Its ether a gaming computer or a ps4.

Yes, but you have been told over and over again that it's a fine gaming PC. If you want a pre built, the ones you have posted are very good.