This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never understood ad-blocking.

#31arleasPosted 5/3/2014 6:46:53 PM(edited)
The only ads I deal with are the ads on Pandora when I bother to listen, and in that case it's better than the radio.

Ads only make money when you click on them or else they are the VERY INTRUSIVE IN YOUR FACE kind. I very VERY rarely click on ads anyway. Most of the time it's because the ads are for crap I have no interest in. If ads were a) relevant to my interests b) generally non-intrusive and c) didn't track me all across the web so they can sell my browsing habits to others, I might be inclined to leave ads on.

Google's ad-words are an example of the kind of ads I can deal with. Unfortunately, I don't want to be tracked and every advertiser out there wants to get nosey with my private life. I'd rather give a small donation to the paypal of the guy running a useful site than deal with annoying ads.

---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#32CELTEKKPosted 5/3/2014 6:59:56 PM
nice b8 m8
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#33ebj767(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:04:10 PM
I just want to state, there is nothing wrong with the things you've posted here, I was just basically venting about this ignorant "EVERY AD MUST BE BLOCKED NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL OR WHAT WEBSITE IT'S ON."

I used to hate the ads on Youtube when they came out, but after a while the 5 seconds before skipping wasn't that big of a deal. When you get older and you try to make a living from something you love, you understand what Youtube content creators have to go through, especially if they aren't working and just trying to live off the ads. I'm not gonna say "**** you Jontron, I know you spend all your time making content to entertain us, but I won't give you 5 seconds on an AD so you can make pennies, deal with it."

Hell sometimes, I let the ad play and go grab a soda or make some food. JonTron is a content creator on Youtube where I love all his content and can see he puts his heart and soul into it. I appreciate what he does. Yeah the 5 seconds are annoying, but I figure he deserves it.

Note: I'm not talking about people like PewDiPie or whatever who just make LPS and crank out millions of views. But even then, I'll give him or whoever their 5 seconds. Sometimes gotta generate revenue or the whole system fails.
#34sefirosufanPosted 5/3/2014 7:09:15 PM
aak57 posted...
You've obviously never used the mobile variant of this sitHOMEDEPOTHOMEDEPOTHOMEDEPOT

THIS. Especially lately.
---
Gamertag, PSN, NNID - HeroOfOurTime08
"BRING US THE GIRL, AND WIPE AWAY THE DEBT!"
#35hazecloudPosted 5/3/2014 7:09:27 PM
seriously, avoid those ads. not funny if pc suddenly got sexy babes on your screen right. sort of, and those could cause severe virus problems leading to information stolen/hacked.
---
Games are meant to be played. Why so serious.
#36CELTEKKPosted 5/3/2014 7:10:09 PM
who cares. some people don't want ads.
---
3770k@4.8
#37CELTEKKPosted 5/3/2014 7:11:24 PM
sefirosufan posted...
aak57 posted...
You've obviously never used the mobile variant of this sitHOMEDEPOTHOMEDEPOTHOMEDEPOT

THIS. Especially lately.

yea it's seriously horrible.
---
3770k@4.8
#38singhellotakuPosted 5/3/2014 7:11:59 PM
I have adblock solely because the Daily Show/Colbert Report would show the same exact ad 5 times in a row during its adbreaks with randomized very high or low audio and I got tired of dealing with that nonsense
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#39ricosdemoPosted 5/3/2014 7:15:15 PM
Maybe if some of the websites i visited didn't spam ads in my face i wouldn't have it in the first place
#40TVs_KarthPosted 5/3/2014 7:20:16 PM
I miss the old days when an ad was a 480x96 banner at the top and/or bottom of the page.