This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for volume enhancer software...

#1Exo401Posted 5/3/2014 6:09:17 PM
Anyone know of any? My volume seems too low.
---
First NES Game Beat: Castlevania 11/15/13
2nd: Castlevania II 11/17/13
#2OUberLordPosted 5/3/2014 6:27:50 PM
If your volume is too low, you either have an issue with volume settings, a bad connection to your speakers, or bad speakers. Software isn't going to make things any louder.
#3MyzeryPosted 5/3/2014 6:43:21 PM
OUberLord posted...
Software isn't going to make things any louder.

not entirely true. mp3gain can boost the volume of mp3s, for example.
---
If you kill a man, you're a murderer. If you kill many, you're a conqueror. If you kill them all, you're a god.
#4drinkPosted 5/3/2014 6:46:44 PM
Myzery posted...
OUberLord posted...

Thats only mp3s.

TC
Is everything low or just some things? You have have a issue or cheap speakers.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#5Exo401(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:19:31 PM
OUberLord posted...
If your volume is too low, you either have an issue with volume settings, a bad connection to your speakers, or bad speakers. Software isn't going to make things any louder.

You can't be serious... I'm using headphones. I downloaded this software a year ago, it was a 30-day trial and it boosted my volume up a lot. I just downloaded an audio enhancer from download.com called DFX Audio enhancer and it makes a huge difference. The thing is, it's also a trial and it's timed. Every 15 mins it shuts off and it's annoying.
---
#6Blobs_Posted 5/3/2014 7:23:40 PM
You might want to look into getting an amp.
---
is haha
#7Exo401(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:36:18 PM(edited)
drink posted...
Myzery posted...
OUberLord posted...

Thats only mp3s.

TC
Is everything low or just some things? You have have a issue or cheap speakers.

I'm using Earforce Kilo headphones. My previous pair were Turtlebeach Call of Duty 3, don't remember which model but they were so much louder but they broke. All my volume settings are maxed out and they just sound really low...

Wait a sec, I just realized that I'm using two computers at once. My monitor is an all in once PC, and I have my headphones hooked up to that. Maybe if I hooked it up to my my main computer, that would fix it... Gonna try it.

Edit:

Well I plugged them into my tower and the sound increased as I thought it would. I have another question, I have 3 different USB inputs it looks like. 6 of them are basic, another 2 say USB 3.0 (blue) and the 4 others say esata/USB(yellow). I plugged them into the esata one and the volume is really loud now as it should be. Which one is the better choice to use? I'm not familiar with these.
---
#8PsythikPosted 5/3/2014 8:06:14 PM
Exo401 posted...
OUberLord posted...

You can't be serious... I'm using headphones. I downloaded this software a year ago, it was a 30-day trial and it boosted my volume up a lot. I just downloaded an audio enhancer from download.com called DFX Audio enhancer and it makes a huge difference. The thing is, it's also a trial and it's timed. Every 15 mins it shuts off and it's annoying.
Volume can't go beyond 100%. It's impossible. What these software boosters are doing is making the quiet parts loud and clipping (distorting) the loud parts, ruining the dynamics and the quality of the audio. If you can't tell that it sounds like crap you need to get your ears checked.

The only real solution is to replace your high impedance headphones with some that have a lower OHM rating (at least 32 or lower). That, or buy a headphone amplifier.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#9ClouddxPosted 5/3/2014 8:49:47 PM
Psythik posted...
Exo401 posted...
OUberLord posted...

Volume can't go beyond 100%. It's impossible. What these software boosters are doing is making the quiet parts loud and clipping (distorting) the loud parts, ruining the dynamics and the quality of the audio. If you can't tell that it sounds like crap you need to get your ears checked.

The only real solution is to replace your high impedance headphones with some that have a lower OHM rating (at least 32 or lower). That, or buy a headphone amplifier.

His headset is already rated @ 32ohms. It sounds like a problem with feeding the audio thru the monitor.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S