This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

your favourite gamepad?

#21PsythikPosted 5/4/2014 7:02:22 PM
360 controller because it just works. Every other controller requires configuration to work. Some games, like DiRT 3, don't even work right at all without a 360 controller (player 2 won't be able to press start to join a split screen game).

You'd have to be willing to deal with a lot of frustration should you choose to use anything else.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#22daemon_danPosted 5/4/2014 7:04:49 PM
Snadados posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
Snadados posted...
I played Dark Souls 2 with a 360 pad till a couple days ago when I got a dualshock 4.
I much prefer the dualshock 4 as the d-pad is so much better and you have to use the d-pad quite a bit.

Is the DS4 really that user friendly on Windows? After the nightmare of MotionInJoy, I'm not too keen on hacked-together gamepad drivers and am sticking with the X360 controller until MS releases an official driver for the XBONE controller. I could be convinced otherwise, however...

I used this:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

I find it is super easy to use.
No ads and no one has come out saying it is harmful or sending mysterious data somewhere.

A neat little feature it has is it lets you use the touch pad on the controller to control your mouse cursor.

SO MUCH THIS.
The Dualshock 4 is so much better than the 360 controller. I came off of ps2 to 360, hated the controller for a couple years, got used to it, got a pc, got used to kb/m but still used 360 for a lot of things, got a DS4, now I won't even TOUCH the 360 controller.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#23daemon_danPosted 5/4/2014 7:05:22 PM
Psythik posted...
360 controller because it just works. Every other controller requires configuration to work. Some games, like DiRT 3, don't even work right at all without a 360 controller (player 2 won't be able to press start to join a split screen game).

You'd have to be willing to deal with a lot of frustration should you choose to use anything else.

So downloading a wrapper and starting it is a lot of frustration? lolok
---
#24CELTEKKPosted 5/4/2014 7:10:32 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...

yea. I lol'd as well. the wrapper is a half second download, and there is literally no configuring. extract the files to a folder on your desktop and run the wrapper with the controller plugged in.

pretty simple stuff.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#25daemon_danPosted 5/4/2014 7:12:30 PM
CELTEKK posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...

yea. I lol'd as well. the wrapper is a half second download, and there is literally no configuring. extract the files to a folder on your desktop and run the wrapper with the controller plugged in.

pretty simple stuff.

Exactly. And you CAN configure things if you want. For some reason it's not working right, click "Hide DS4 controller" and bam. You're golden
---
#26PsythikPosted 5/4/2014 7:15:35 PM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...

Actually, it is. I spent about a week trying to get MotionInJoy to work before giving up. ScpServer works but can be confusing to get set up for the average user.

Lastly, your average PC user is illiterate and not going to figure out that they need to use one. When talking computers on the internet it's best to assume everyone is an idiot.

I'd like to know what wrapper you guys are using that's just download and run.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
#27daemon_danPosted 5/4/2014 7:18:10 PM
Psythik posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...

Actually, it is. I spent about a week trying to get MotionInJoy to work before giving up. ScpServer works but can be confusing to get set up for the average user.

Lastly, your average PC user is illiterate and not going to figure out that they need to use one. When talking computers on the internet it's best to assume everyone is an idiot.

And if you tried that long to get motioninjoy(lolmalware) to work, you're even more of an idiot than you seem to be admitting to. Also if you thiknk ScpServer is confusing, you're even more of an idiot than my earlier sentence describes. Seriously, all you have to do is follow a readme file and bamlookitworks
---
#28BeerOnTapPosted 5/4/2014 7:23:49 PM
360 controller.
Just works for me.
#29PsythikPosted 5/4/2014 7:27:59 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...

And if you tried that long to get motioninjoy(lolmalware) to work, you're even more of an idiot than you seem to be admitting to. Also if you thiknk ScpServer is confusing, you're even more of an idiot than my earlier sentence describes. Seriously, all you have to do is follow a readme file and bamlookitworks
1. I had a dumbass friend I was setting it up for who insisted on using MotionInJoy

2. I didn't say it was confusing to me. I said it can be confusing to your average user who just wants things to be plug & play.

The fact that you guys can't comprehend the concept of keeping things simple for people who don't know as much about computers as you do blows my mind.
---
#30thatauthorPosted 5/4/2014 7:29:40 PM
the 360 controller. I like how it feels and it's plug and play for at least most modern games. some might not work but they're rare.
---
this is a sig