This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

your favourite gamepad?

#31daemon_danPosted 5/4/2014 7:34:32 PM
Psythik posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Psythik posted...
360 controller because it just works. Every other controller requires configuration to work. Some games, like DiRT 3, don't even work right at all without a 360 controller (player 2 won't be able to press start to join a split screen game).

You'd have to be willing to deal with a lot of frustration should you choose to use anything else.

So downloading a wrapper and starting it is a lot of frustration? lolok
Actually, it is. I spent about a week trying to get MotionInJoy to work before giving up. ScpServer works but can be confusing to get set up for the average user.

Lastly, your average PC user is illiterate and not going to figure out that they need to use one. When talking computers on the internet it's best to assume everyone is an idiot.

I'd like to know what wrapper you guys are using that's just download and run.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

And if you tried that long to get motioninjoy(lolmalware) to work, you're even more of an idiot than you seem to be admitting to. Also if you thiknk ScpServer is confusing, you're even more of an idiot than my earlier sentence describes. Seriously, all you have to do is follow a readme file and bamlookitworks
1. I had a dumbass friend I was setting it up for who insisted on using MotionInJoy

2. I didn't say it was confusing to me. I said it can be confusing to your average user who just wants things to be plug & play.

The fact that you guys can't comprehend the concept of keeping things simple for people who don't know as much about computers as you do blows my mind.

I really don't understand what's not simple about following a very clearly written readme file. The face that you think that's complicated or confusing even to normal people is insulting to the intelligence of most. And that's saying a lot. Because i don't think most people are very intelligent.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#32DawnshadowPosted 5/4/2014 9:41:06 PM
I'm using a third party 360 controller that's smaller than the usual one for 3d games, and a Logitech controller with a normal digital pad for 2d games (that I don't use for 3d because it uses the Playstation setup and has very thick grips-- it's not comfortable at all to keep my thumb stretched onto the analog sticks for long). My main complaint about the official 360 controller is that it's just a little too big, so the smaller one's perfect
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#33akuma634Posted 5/4/2014 11:47:45 PM
I wish I could find a real Sega Saturn controller and a USB adapter. I loved the 3 on 3 6 button layout that is perfect for fighting games. 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons have always sucked for fighting games.

Generally for PC, the wireless 360 controller is nice. I like how most games nowadays have it all set up by default so you just start the game, turn on the controller, and it's all ready for you. The Steam controller really sounds promising since it would have that same built ready feature for a lot of games and have it patched into other games. I also wouldn't mind using a PS3 controller on the PC, but I don't feel like trying to figure out how that would work. Also PS4 looks cool, but then you still have to configure every game.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#34Bmvc1Posted 5/4/2014 11:49:11 PM
360 controller and nothing else is even close
#35GarudinPosted 5/5/2014 12:08:47 AM
I just replaced my first gen 360 wired controller for a Razer Sabertooth and I wouldn't take anything else over it so far.

Outside of everything else the 360 controller and then later when Microsoft stops being lazy the One controller get the most support because they are natively supported by windows if nothing else.

Personally the 360 just fits the best in my hands and is the most comfortable. So long as the damn things would nothing beats comfort so always go for what you feel most comfortable using.

As to the Razer Sabertooth I like it for it's improvements to the 360's flaws like the Dpad and loose sticks and provides a ton of customization.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin