This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just dished out $60 for a game on steam that I can't even play.

#1pasmopPosted 5/4/2014 1:54:56 PM
I got so caught up in wanting to play Rome Total War 2 that I didn't even stop to notice that it's only available for play on windows. I own a mac.

****ing so pissed off and just overall disappointed with myself. I usually always check to make sure so things like this don't happen.

Just felt like venting on here.
#2Orestes417Posted 5/4/2014 1:56:43 PM
Install Windows on Bootcamp or contact Steam Support and hope they refund you
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#33PiesAndAForkPosted 5/4/2014 1:56:49 PM
Welp, that's a mac for you.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#4EpicKingdom_Posted 5/4/2014 1:57:55 PM
I enjoy your tears TC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aRtv4fD.png
#5kobalobasileusPosted 5/4/2014 1:59:34 PM
I used to buy full price PC games all the time and discover I couldn't play them...

Of course, that was back in the day when every game needed a custom batch file to boot DOS "properly" and when the system requirements on the box were woefully optimistic.

Your problem, TC, is completely different because you decided to run a non-gaming OS AND didn't read the requirements before purchase.
#6lazycomplifePosted 5/4/2014 2:08:21 PM
1: This is the PC board. Cry on the Mac board instead.
2: Why did you buy a Mac for gaming?
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#7thedude3514Posted 5/4/2014 2:08:42 PM
Is this an attempt to stir the pot? Seriously, being a mac owner myself (as well as a pc owner) I have never overlooked the requirements, with so few games, especially AAA titles, being on Mac listed on Steam that would be crazy to overlook that. Not to mention when buying a non-Mac game on Steam I am pretty sure it says "this cannot be installed on your current OS, are you sure you want to purchase?" right on the checkout page.

Anyways, owning a Mac you should know better to check. Contact Steam support and I am sure you will get a refund.
---
@ChromeAndroid
#8Hunter_mkPosted 5/4/2014 2:09:26 PM
that's what you get for getting an overpriced mac, is only meanth for graphic design and cool look, I still laugh at people of my course cursing 3d max because it doesn't work on his beloved macs
---
3ds FC: 1993-8547-2772
PC, PS3, 3DS gamer
#9SpazH3dPosted 5/4/2014 2:11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure you could have gotten it much cheaper at a random sale, too.
---
- My vision is augmented
#10ygfbvPosted 5/4/2014 2:14:48 PM
Hunter_mk posted...
that's what you get for getting an overpriced mac, is only meanth for graphic design and cool look, I still laugh at people of my course cursing 3d max because it doesn't work on his beloved macs

the adobe suite is just as fast on windows as it is on OSX

there's literally no benefit to using OSX over windows for graphics design work.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/ygfbv.jpg