This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this build ok?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this build ok?
1 year ago#1
Would like to know if all these parts are going to play nice with each other please:

Zalman z11 plus (already own)
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6
Intel i3 3570k 3.40Ghz
Sapphire R7 260x 2GB OC Edition (already own)
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4Gb DDR3 1600
WD 1TB HDD
Crucial M500 250GB 6Gb/s SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
PSU undecided

Any ideas on a psu bearing in mind I will either x fire or upgrade the gpu at a later date?

Thanks.
---
http://www.cracked.com/blog/a-breakup-letter-to-xbox/
1 year ago#2
It's the i5 3570k, not the i3 3570k. Also if this is a new build, why aren't you going for the 4670k? CPU prices don't drastically decrease because of new hardware.
As for the PSU, if you are going to xfire, get a nice 750 watt Seasonic unit.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H100i| CORSAIR AX750
1 year ago#3
Your right it is an i5 processor, my mistake. I'm on a budget my man and I can't really justify going higher than the 3570k. Does it look like all the parts gel well?
---
1 year ago#4
VIP86 posted...
It's the i5 3570k, not the i3 3570k. Also if this is a new build, why aren't you going for the 4670k? CPU prices don't drastically decrease because of new hardware.
As for the PSU, if you are going to xfire, get a nice 750 watt Seasonic unit.

I notice you have the h100i in your sig, the very same cooler I was looking at earlier and I couldn't make my mind up. How are you finding it?

Also, is there a website where you can input what parts you want to assemble which will check that all the parts work with each other? Because if not... That should be a thing...
---
1 year ago#5
Yes, pcpartpicker.com
What I'm saying is that the 3570k is basically the same price as the 4670k. So why would you get last gen when you can get the current gen CPU for the same price?
As for the h100i, it's fine. I have it in push/pull with Noctua fans. It does the job, my temps under load never go past 57c. I love quietness, if that's even a word, so in that department, it's meh to me.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H100i| CORSAIR AX750
1 year ago#6
An h100i is not a budget heatsink, my friend. And neither is Windows 7 ultimate. And why in the heck do you need Windows 7 ultimate? Just get the home edition.

And the site you're looking for is pcpartpicker.com
1 year ago#7
I know it's not a budget heating but it is pretty much necessary for oc'ing. I know I said budget but it's more of a self imposed limit. As for windows version; what's the difference? I just picked one, it can always be changed. And on the processor point; it may be only a 1 more expensive but the majority of reviews say there is little no no difference and what difference there is is usually in the IB processor's favour. Unless I'm mistaken of course....
---
1 year ago#8
You could get a 212evo.
---
1 year ago#9
GunsSlashRoses posted...
I know it's not a budget heating but it is pretty much necessary for oc'ing. I know I said budget but it's more of a self imposed limit. As for windows version; what's the difference? I just picked one, it can always be changed. And on the processor point; it may be only a 1 more expensive but the majority of reviews say there is little no no difference and what difference there is is usually in the IB processor's favour. Unless I'm mistaken of course....

The differences between Ultimate and Home editions of Windows are not something a normal user would notice. I think the main difference is being able to used more than 16GB of ram, but you don't even need more than 8GB realistically so it's a moot point.

And an h100i is NOT necessary for overclocking. A Hyper 212+ Evo is ~$35 and will be more than enough for a modest overclock (think 4.2-4.4ghz).

And what reviews say that Ivy is better than Haswell? Because they must be written by people of less than average intelligence, as Haswell is definitely better (though not by that much, admittedly).

What's your budget? Put together your build on pcpartpicker to make it easier to edit/view prices.
1 year ago#10
Oddly enough the EVO 212 is in my bookmarks as the cooler I was going to get. Guess I'll stick with it then; people rave about it in the Amazon reviews. Also I will "downgrade" to home as that saves a few more pennies. I'll have to think about changing to Haswell as I don't really see the benefit myself. Time to do some research!!
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this build ok?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived