This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any idea why Phenom II are still Expensive?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any idea why Phenom II are still Expensive?
(message deleted)
2 years ago#12
KingTremolo posted...
I have an 840 lying around. Not sure if it actually works, but I'd mail it for free if I could find it.

EDIT: Found it. If you want I'd send it, if postage isn't too bad.

About to PM
Official Darkdrift of the Darksoul 2 Board.
Steam: Hk1777, Gtag: RAlNB0W D4SH (Yes its an L) Psn: hk1777
2 years ago#13
Sadly people must buy them for these high prices for them to always be listed that high.
When I'm Miq'ote
2 years ago#14
I think it's the same with the core2quads. people will do almost anything not to rip a board out
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync
2 years ago#15
Check your local listings for used ones. I sold my 965 for $60 after I upgraded to an 8350 just to get rid of it. There were a few others on there too like the 940.
Divided by night...
2 years ago#16
computer components follow the U curve.

starts off expensive, goes down in price as demand goes down. supplies start to dry up and go back up in price.

or the price just falls off a cliff.
whens mahvel?
2 years ago#17
Damn, Phenom II. That brings me back five years. As another user mentioned, check craigslist or ebay. I just sold a Phenom II 965 rig a few months ago for about $450 out the door. If I had to part out the PC instead of selling it whole, I probably would have sold the CPU for $50-60.
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
2 years ago#18
That's why I always am opposed to skimping on the CPU for gaming builds. Even multiple years afterwards, it costs much to upgrade the CPU.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
2 years ago#19
That's kinda what sucks with me. I have a 965, dont wanna upgrade my mobo because it would cost over $400 between a new mobo, CPU, and new windows. I'd almost consider an X6 if it were cheap enough and it were close to a holiday season where I could afford to put money out for it.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
2 years ago#20
I just upgraded from a Phenom II 940 to Haswell about six months ago, talk about a night and day difference.
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any idea why Phenom II are still Expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived