This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a Gamer with no Self Control on Buying Impulses Steam is a monster.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 5/4/2014 6:28:24 PM
So I had an ancient dinosaur PC for about five years, I couldn't play anything in the last month I've got a fairly recent computer and seeing all the constant sales and deals on steam, not to mention the entire glut of pretty original and unique games coming from the indie scene, I've come to the conclusion that Steam will leave me poor, broken and still trying to buy more games.

In short, it won't be long until I'm panhandling for Steam Games.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#2PhilOnDezPosted 5/4/2014 6:30:32 PM
Don't worry, by the time your second big sale is over you'll own everything you're even remotely interested in playing.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3Flaktrooper123Posted 5/4/2014 6:31:39 PM
Learn to discipline yourself dude, not only in gaming but other things with money. Try to only buy things that you WANT rather than some random things just because it is on sale.
#4CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 6:32:00 PM
But I want to play all the video games, even the ones that make me go "Does Steam even have any kind of quality control?"
---
#5dlfPosted 5/4/2014 6:32:42 PM
I know it as well, having had a system (probably designed for Office work) could handle SimCity 4 (Rushour) reasonably well but portal or Oblivion even at the lowest settings? Hell no.
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5jg - Minus a few parts (monitor @ moment)
Screw trying to record video (on PC).
#6SneakiestNegPosted 5/4/2014 6:35:24 PM
Life keeps interfering with my games collection. I cannot keep going hikikimori every time there is a sale
#7link510Posted 5/4/2014 6:35:25 PM
I used to have this problem, until my library got filled with games I realized I was never going to play. Now I rarely buy anything, deciding that I should work on my backlog instead. The Star Wars sale has tested my resolve though, but I have yet to buy anything, thankfully.
#8CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 8:26:00 PM
link510 posted...
I used to have this problem, until my library got filled with games I realized I was never going to play. Now I rarely buy anything, deciding that I should work on my backlog instead. The Star Wars sale has tested my resolve though, but I have yet to buy anything, thankfully.

That is what is getting me, so many great star war games I am either nostalgic for or I never played.
---
#9BeknessPosted 5/4/2014 8:33:43 PM
I think a lot of people are in the same problem. And it's harder to control yourself when the games are so cheap, and you start to weigh up in your head like "Well, I could get a burger for this, but I'd eat it and then it'd be gone, or I could get *insert game* for the same price".

It's also easy to get caught up in the "will it be this price again?" thing, because some games go on sale a lot, and others only seem to once a year or never. I've had things on my wishlist for 2 years that have never gone on sale.

But if you don't want a huge backlog, you're going to have to learn to resist because you'll never get through them all.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Now Reading-10 Things We Shouldn't Have Done
#10Cool_Dude667Posted 5/4/2014 8:35:27 PM
nostalgia buys are always worth it man
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi