This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Washington state files suit over unfulfilled Kickstarter rewards

#1RainIsMyDrugPosted 5/4/2014 7:50:12 PM
Your thoughts?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/03/washington-state-files-suit-over-unfulfilled-kickstarter-rewards/
#2link510Posted 5/4/2014 7:53:27 PM
Washington is a cool state full of cool people.

And it serves Altius (the company behind the kickstarter) right. The people funded them and then they just up and screwed them all over. That's not cool.
#3BeknessPosted 5/4/2014 7:56:21 PM
I think this is a good thing.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Now Reading-10 Things We Shouldn't Have Done
#4Nineteen99Posted 5/4/2014 7:58:22 PM
People who invest in Kickstarters should have known what they were getting into. You're paying for things that don't (and might not ever) exist. You're putting your money into trust and faith, instead of an actual product.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#5BeknessPosted 5/4/2014 8:00:18 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
People who invest in Kickstarters should have known what they were getting into. You're paying for things that don't (and might not ever) exist. You're putting your money into trust and faith, instead of an actual product.

These are rewards for backing it, though. It's one thing if, for example, you back a game and they just stop developing half way through and leave it full of bugs, but these cards were promised as a bonus. Right? Or am I misunderstanding?

I personally wouldn't back anything on Kickstarter but it seems like this trend is here to stay.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Now Reading-10 Things We Shouldn't Have Done
#6drinkPosted 5/4/2014 8:18:33 PM
Nineteen99 posted...

That's not this case. They didnt get the reward that was promised.
"Terms of Service make a project creator legally obligated to fulfill rewards when their project is successful or to offer refunds if they cannot deliver said rewards."
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#7LordSeiferPosted 5/4/2014 8:49:15 PM
back in my day you bought products after they existed
---
^ this
#8majinbuu58Posted 5/4/2014 9:56:16 PM
LordSeifer posted...

Preorders.. lol
#9DiviDudePosted 5/4/2014 10:00:20 PM
LordSeifer posted...

That made me lol
#10Arsene-LupinPosted 5/4/2014 11:29:25 PM
Cards? This the kick starter by the schizophrenic homeless lady?
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."