This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did the PC version of Prototype 2 ever get fixed?

#1TruePowerSeekerPosted 5/4/2014 8:11:18 PM
I heard there were massive issues with performance and huge issues with the mouse being uncontrollable.

I know that shortly after release the devs for the game all got canned by activision so I am curious if the issues ever got fixed? That or did anyone ever take it upon themselves to make an unofficial patch for it that works.

Also if they didn't is Prototype 1 any good on PC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#2Mudkip57Posted 5/4/2014 8:16:20 PM
I don't remember any performance issues and I exclusively play M/KB. The two game plays extremely similar to each, although I personally prefer the first only cause Alex is more memorable than...whoever it was in 2.
#3TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 8:27:44 PM
Heller. I played both back on PS3 but I just saw them on Steam for $5 for Prototype and $10 for prototype 2 and remember how fun they were.

I really did like Alex a lot more and I can't remember what the major difference was between the two. However if I remember after you beat the game you get an Alex skin in Prototype 2 so you can play with Alex in prototype 2.

If anyone can explain the big differences between 1 and 2. I remember that there was a bit more enemy variety in 2 and you had an extra power. Also there was a bit more progression of power with the abilities along with visual upgrades.
---
#4CourtofOwlsPosted 5/4/2014 8:29:20 PM
i don't recall having any issues either
i played with a controller so can't answer about kb/m
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#5TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2014 8:34:01 PM
CourtofOwls posted...

I heard of ctds and random frame drops. Well I guess that was fixed.

Also I wouldn't dream of playing a game like Prototype with kb/m but I figured I would ask since I was already asking about the random frame drops.
---
#6Xemnas999Posted 5/4/2014 9:53:31 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
CourtofOwls posted...

I heard of ctds and random frame drops. Well I guess that was fixed.

Also I wouldn't dream of playing a game like Prototype with kb/m but I figured I would ask since I was already asking about the random frame drops.

Keyboard and Mouse controls are fine, if you have an AMD video card, you will likely run into massive performance issues, this is probably what you have read. Nvidia GPUs work fine for this game though.
---
Laptop - i7 2670QM | 8GB DDR3 RAM | GT 540M 2GB
Desktop - i5 4670K | 8GB DDR3 RAM | R9 280X 3GB
#7cod4lyfe1997Posted 5/4/2014 10:22:52 PM
I don't think there's an official fix for the memory leak. Game slowly loses FPS as it is played till it is quit or crashes.
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#8somebody336Posted 5/4/2014 11:16:50 PM
Prototype 1 is a mess as well.
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/