This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you wipe out all that windows 8 propaganda junk? new user.

#11TinyTankXPosted 5/5/2014 1:02:38 AM
A_Soggy_Rat posted...
TinyTankX posted...
Get a Mac

Mac? Gaming? Seriously?

Build a PC for gaming. Anything else? A Mac.
#12XedhadeausPosted 5/5/2014 1:08:41 AM
Pokki.
Done.
#13shamfuruPosted 5/5/2014 2:38:33 AM
Bmvc1 posted...
I don't think you know what propaganda is.

---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#14SythisTaruPosted 5/5/2014 3:58:39 AM
Windows 8 is actually less cluttered and bloated than windows 7.
#15skychanPosted 5/5/2014 4:11:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16Fade2black001Posted 5/5/2014 4:46:59 AM
TinyTankX posted...
A_Soggy_Rat posted...
TinyTankX posted...
Get a Mac

Mac? Gaming? Seriously?

Huge waste of money
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#17RavlinPosted 5/5/2014 5:12:53 AM
Windows 8 has none of what you describe. There are no advertisements on Start. There are some Store apps that come pre-installed and set as default by Microsoft. These are Video, Photos, and Reader (PDF document viewer).

First thing Windows will want you to do is sign in with a Microsoft Account or create one if you don't have one. This is optional but they try really hard to make it look like it's mandatory. There should be a link at the bottom of the screen to create a new account. From their it will try to make you setup a new Microsoft Account. Again, this can be bypassed by clicking the link at the bottom of the screen until you get the option to make a local account.

Start also has search built in. Just start typing and the search pane will open and start spitting out results as you type. So it would be a good idea to search for "default programs" and make Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, and your favorite PDF reader the defaults instead of the Store/modern/metro apps.

Here's a guide. It covers Windows 8 but the basics are mostly the same in 8.1 so you won't be too lost after you create a new account.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheMissingWindows8InstructionalVideo.aspx

Start with the one at the bottom.
#18DrelkagPosted 5/5/2014 6:10:29 AM
TinyTankX posted...
A_Soggy_Rat posted...
TinyTankX posted...
Get a Mac

Mac? Gaming? Seriously?

No.
---
Play hard or go home
#19iammaxhailmePosted 5/5/2014 7:30:27 AM
TinyTankX posted...
A_Soggy_Rat posted...
TinyTankX posted...
Get a Mac

Mac? Gaming? Seriously?

If by "anything else" you mean "wasting money"...
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#20TinyTankXPosted 5/5/2014 9:20:29 AM
Well then he shouldn't complain about bloatware. Hell, PC users shouldn't complain about their hardware or software at all. I plan on building my own gaming rig this summer because I know that Macs are not for gaming. However they are not "a waste of money" instead they are an investment. The hardware build and excellent customer support is something that I've never seen from a pre-built laptop/desktop.