This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games skip frames....?

#1pozertronPosted 5/5/2014 3:32:02 AM
There must be something i'm doing wrong. Any game that i install and try to play, skips animation frames *or it just stutters all the time, i can't really tell*

I can see it work at a full 60+FPS rate but it's just impossible to play like that, it's like playing Street Fighter 3rd Strike on GGPO with a huge lag!

What do?
---
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.
#2MackorovPosted 5/5/2014 3:39:15 AM
You must think we're miracle workers or something, to not provide any elaboration or details about your system
#3pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 3:48:32 AM
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to PC gaming *been playing on SONY vg consoles all my life*

Just tell me what i need to provide, i will do my best.
---
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.
#4joeman6Posted 5/5/2014 4:02:31 AM
pozertron posted...
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to PC gaming *been playing on SONY vg consoles all my life*

Just tell me what i need to provide, i will do my best.

CPU, GPU and potentially RAM amounts.
---
i7 4700MQ | GTX 770M | 16GB |
PSN: pluto-3_ Xbox GT and Steam: NinjaPainis
#5SpazH3dPosted 5/5/2014 4:29:12 AM
Why are you using these ***** instead of these ((()))?

It might also help to tell us what games this happens in. All of them? Because I know some games that stutters even though the persons PC is more than fine.
---
- My vision is augmented
#6Fade2black001Posted 5/5/2014 4:56:54 AM
There's a few way to look at your system specs. The easiest one is perhaps using dxdiag.

Click start, go to run and type in dxdiag. This will tell you your specs.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#7pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 5:11:34 AM
CPU : AMD Athlon II X2 220 2.8Ghz
RAM : 6GB
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 5450

Win 7 64bit.

Stutters in:
Sudeki on low settings
Fallout New Vegas on low *also heavy delay indoors*
Anachronox on low

P.S. i use * instead of ) because, position of ) is different for different kb layouts as well as you have to press 2 buttons instead of 1.
---
#8SpazH3dPosted 5/5/2014 5:27:46 AM
Uh, maybe the stuttering is because your PC is ancient. Anachronox from 2001 is on low? Man.
---
- My vision is augmented
#9MonkeymagePosted 5/5/2014 5:32:35 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Uh, maybe the stuttering is because your PC is ancient. Anachronox from 2001 is on low? Man.

Okay, but the Athlon II came out in 2009. Like, by today's standards that machine is pretty crap, but it shouldn't have a problem with a game running on the Quake 2 engine.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#10pozertron(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 5:34:51 AM(edited)
I didn't buy it, my friend just gave it to me after he brought a new one.

All i did, put my old HDD in, formatted, reinstalled OS/drivers. Got these 3 games and those are the results.
---