This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD tech support

#11New LinkPosted 5/5/2014 5:10:27 PM
No, I mean the open source drivers. They should be built into your kernel.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#12Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 5:11:47 PM
How do I use them then?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13New LinkPosted 5/6/2014 10:37:15 AM
They're built-in. You should be able to just remove the binary blob and it should fallback to the open-source radeon drivers. What kernel are you running? In 3.13 there were some major improvements for AMD support.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#14KidInTheHallPosted 5/6/2014 10:42:46 AM
First and only question taken directly from their F.A.Q.s section at support.amd.com

Q. What should I do when I start to have problems with my AMD graphics card?
A. You go buy an NVIDIA like you should have done in the first place dumb-ass.

---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#15MonkeymagePosted 5/6/2014 10:49:34 AM
New Link posted...
They're built-in. You should be able to just remove the binary blob and it should fallback to the open-source radeon drivers. What kernel are you running? In 3.13 there were some major improvements for AMD support.

True, but the serial nodes won't allow for open-source freebasing of any kind. Update 3.14 is supposed to let you suse out some more functionality of the chunk but at this stage it's little more than a pipe dream.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#16New LinkPosted 5/6/2014 10:55:40 AM
Monkeymage posted...
New Link posted...

True, but the serial nodes won't allow for open-source freebasing of any kind. Update 3.14 is supposed to let you suse out some more functionality of the chunk but at this stage it's little more than a pipe dream.

Regardless, as of 3.10 there has been no reason to bother with the binary blob as the kernel driver still performs much better in all aspects. Of course nVidia's binary blob far outclasses anything else, but open source AMD drivers should work like magic compared to their blob, and have for several releases.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
#17Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:07:56 AM
Whats my Kernel? I have no idea. Is that the bios version? IF this is my version

013.012.000.008. This is whats listed in CCC under Hardware info.
---
#18ShubPosted 5/8/2014 11:10:22 AM
I don't know if New Link is pulling your leg or passively pushing the Linux agenda, but he's talking about the Linux kernel, he knows damn well there's no Radeon drivers built into the Windows kernel.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#19Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:19:03 AM
Hmm I see. Well this was a bust for me.

Thanks shub
---
#20New LinkPosted 5/9/2014 3:52:24 AM
Wait you're using Windows?

Yeah, you're just gonna have to deal with what they give you. Sorry man.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!