This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has been completely overrun by Indie games.

#41SinisterSlayPosted 5/5/2014 2:09:43 PM
DiviDude posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
CELTEKK posted...
the reason I keep saying it is because it is, in fact, true.

the game is an unoptimized, bug-filled, horrid piece of garbage.

Did you actually try following - STEP BY STEP - the directions I gave you in the other thread?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113161476

Not only does that link give you the download for the unofficial patch, but it also tells you exactly how to set everything up, including compatibility mode, setting both Steam and Bloodlines to run as admin, making sure you point the patch to the correct folder for VtM, and even running the aspect ratio converter tool.

I followed those directions exactly, and I've encountered exactly one bug: a single crash to desktop, which I immediately restarted the game and reloaded from the last autosave. Continued on from there, and have had no further issues.

I've also played through the game on Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with minimal bugs (and no crashes than I can recall.) I suspect user error, as is often (usually?) the case.

Same, I've had 1 crash and 1 bug, no big deal.
Crash when talking to the bleeding guy (forget his name) and bug that when One of the twins is going to shoot the other, they would talk but when I opened the door they wouldn't turn to me, the camera would just get stuck in position and nothing would happen
But a quick computer reboot fixed the problem
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#42UtterMoonPosted 5/5/2014 2:18:37 PM
Most of these games have nothing to do with Kickstarter, and (I think) a majority of the Kickstarter games are rather fantastic. It isn't indie games so much as it is old games. Developers are re-releasing whatever crap...sometimes half digested crap..they can, because those developers have publishers...but then again...Guise of the Wolf, Gary's Incident....

Steam needs to curate...they need to find a new 'system' for their new releases...because at this rate the good games are going to be blocked out by the shovelware crap, and Steam is quickly reminding me of that Xbox Indie thing...which isn't good.
#43SneakiestNegPosted 5/5/2014 2:22:32 PM
What does it matter? Real gamers do their research. Never in my life did I buy a movie, anime, tv show or videogame without knowing what it is about. I am not super rich nor am I a shopaholic. I go through gamefaqs, kotaku, imdb and themanime to find new stuff.
#44SneakiestNegPosted 5/5/2014 2:26:25 PM
Masquerade Bloodlines I had no problems with. Its predecessor Redemption IS unplayable.
#45KillerTrufflePosted 5/5/2014 2:30:17 PM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Masquerade Bloodlines I had no problems with. Its predecessor Redemption IS unplayable.

Yeah, I didn't find Redemption as enjoyable anyway tho. It was *hugely* promising with its storyteller mode - I was totally excited about that, but it just didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, and kinda fizzled.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#46BogePosted 5/5/2014 2:40:03 PM(edited)
As long as they have a simple search and keep the AAA games, I don't care how many indie games are available. The more the merrier. Why not?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#47Sk0rbutPosted 5/5/2014 3:18:54 PM
It's annoying and I'd rather see some form quality control from Valve, but it's not the end of the world. I've just stopped paying attention to the new releases tab - If something worthwhile gets released I'll see it on Youtube / message boards / some review site.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#48TheWayOfTheGunPosted 5/5/2014 3:26:54 PM(edited)
It's really up to the Web Development team to figure out a better way to structure the site so you can easily access Indie games without having them thrown in our face.

It needs to be easier to sort through these crap games. There is no reason to control or limit them, just move them out of the damn way.

---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#49CELTEKKPosted 5/5/2014 3:30:20 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
CELTEKK posted...
the reason I keep saying it is because it is, in fact, true.

the game is an unoptimized, bug-filled, horrid piece of garbage.

Did you actually try following - STEP BY STEP - the directions I gave you in the other thread?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113161476

Not only does that link give you the download for the unofficial patch, but it also tells you exactly how to set everything up, including compatibility mode, setting both Steam and Bloodlines to run as admin, making sure you point the patch to the correct folder for VtM, and even running the aspect ratio converter tool.

I followed those directions exactly, and I've encountered exactly one bug: a single crash to desktop, which I immediately restarted the game and reloaded from the last autosave. Continued on from there, and have had no further issues.

I didn't see your post in the other thread, not sure which one you're referring to.

I'll check it out when I get back home.

I really want this game to work and be playable, I have a personal attachment to the V:tM story.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#50saltedhamPosted 5/5/2014 3:38:30 PM
the jedi are taking over!
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!