This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has been completely overrun by Indie games.

#51Majoras_pantsPosted 5/5/2014 2:40:40 PM
I really don't care how many games are on steam, good or bad. The more games the better. And I'll just buy the ones I'm interested in.

I don't buy games that aren't something I enjoy anyone. Watch a lets play or something before you buy, it's simple. And even the bad games, or what we perceive to be bad, will be enjoyed by some. How is that hurting you?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#52Sk0rbutPosted 5/5/2014 2:56:23 PM
It does hurt the actually good indie games who now lose out on the apparently significant sales boost that used to come from being on the first page of the new releases tab because a) there are so many other "releases" that your game gets pushed down a lot faster than before and b) people stop paying attention to the new releases tab because it's 95% crap anyway.

And I guess it also not really hurts but at least annoys reviewers because they are the ones who have to sort through all the bad games to find the ones that are actually worth covering.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#53Combo MasterPosted 5/5/2014 4:48:30 PM(edited)
People are acting like any retail game is now a AAA title compared to an indie game. I don't like indie games either. It has to have at least voice acting for a new game for me to give a damn. I have pretty much played all the old titles that don't have voice acting that I wanted to from the past now.
---
Combo Master
#54Pal 080Posted 5/5/2014 5:03:33 PM(edited)
Do not understand the people who "don't like indie games" full stop.

That's like saying "I don't like pants" full stop.

They come in countless varieties people! Explore your options...

But yea, Steam is overloaded with shovel-ware now, it's true. While you can TRY to ignore most of them, the fact is there's only so much marketing space that can be used to promote the good titles, and more and more of it is going to terrible, unfinished, crap.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#55EpicKingdom_Posted 5/5/2014 5:03:29 PM
Gtfo indie garbage.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aRtv4fD.png
#56DiviDudePosted 5/5/2014 5:04:42 PM
Pal 080 posted...
Do not understand the people who "don't like indie games" full stop.

That's like saying "I don't like pants" full stop.

They come in countless varieties people! Explore your options...

The best option is still "no pants" :\
#57JKatarnPosted 5/5/2014 5:38:42 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
Trolls/shut-ins/malcontents are the worst thing to happen to gaming

FTFY
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#58JKatarnPosted 5/5/2014 5:41:41 PM
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
What does it matter what steam sells?
As long as all (or most, EA) of the AAA titles are there, big deal.

It's just a bigger selection in the end.

Like a Wegmans compared to a 7-11
7-11 will have the staples, but the Wegmans will have oh so much more.

No one is forcing you to buy the bad stuff anyway, just do some research on a game before buying.

Yes, but you know that would require a few minutes of research and possibly reading, and reading sucks! Also, if I don't like something on the store/can't be bothered to read the requirements/it doesn't work with my particular system configuration and 300 background processes, then it should obviously be removed from the store!
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#59JKatarnPosted 5/5/2014 5:42:47 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
Clouddx posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
drink posted...
Who will decide "quality"? I like games that people hate.

Maybe they should just separate indie games so its not a flood of them. Or maybe a option to not view alpha/beta games and indie games.

Does the game work? Yes ok then it stays.

Does the game crash constantly and require hours of tweaking to actually make it work correctly? Yes ok then it goes.

We should petition to get DkS removed from Steam then, as well as many of the older games on Steam that require tweaking to work on newer OS.

Older games are a whole different thing. Those need to be released into their own section and not be marked with the wrong release date. Also they need to have warnings on the steam page that state clearly that it is an older title and may require tweaking to run on modern systems.

Except there usually are bolded warnings if there are compatibility issues with certain operating systems/the game is older - people just fail to read them, blindly buy, and then get angry.
---
#60akuma634Posted 5/5/2014 5:43:02 PM
I don't get how this is a problem. You can simply not buy these games and continue living your life. I'd rather see indie games getting as much attention as AAA games rather than indie games being a footnote as they are on Xbox consoles.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\