This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has been completely overrun by Indie games.

#61Zombified_ToastPosted 5/5/2014 6:46:27 PM
They just need to make 1 tab for New Releases, 1 tab for New Indies, and 1 tab for New to Steam for all the older games that get dumped.
---
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
#62JudgmenlPosted 5/5/2014 6:51:23 PM(edited)
All I want is a quality JRPG with decent graphics, VA, and a deep story.

PC hasn't been able to deliver that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://tinyurl.com/gamefaqs-avatars
GarCHUMP and TalonfLAME
#63JKatarnPosted 5/5/2014 7:01:04 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
It's really up to the Web Development team to figure out a better way to structure the site so you can easily access Indie games without having them thrown in our face.

It needs to be easier to sort through these crap games. There is no reason to control or limit them, just move them out of the damn way.

There are already plenty of filters built into Steam, you can filter by genre, developer, publisher, price, early access, metacritic etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#64Sk0rbutPosted 5/6/2014 12:24:26 AM
Pal 080 posted...
Do not understand the people who "don't like indie games" full stop.

That's like saying "I don't like pants" full stop.

They come in countless varieties people! Explore your options...

But yea, Steam is overloaded with shovel-ware now, it's true. While you can TRY to ignore most of them, the fact is there's only so much marketing space that can be used to promote the good titles, and more and more of it is going to terrible, unfinished, crap.

Yup, indie is not a genre, even if Steam says so. All that indie is supposed to mean is that it's a game made by a few people without financial backing of a publisher.

And the problem on Steam right now are not just indie games, it's also that a lot of crappy publishers are dumping their mostly terrible back-catalogues. "New" releases like Desert Gunner (almost unplayable and originally released eight years ago) and Putt-Putt and Pep's Dog on a Stick (a casual game for children made in 1996).
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#65Silver Shadow XPosted 5/6/2014 12:27:17 AM
Well, not gonna read this whole thread, but imo they just need to make an Indie game category, and put them all there. Leave the regular categories for bigger releases, and spotlight certain Indie games worthy of note.

Yeah yeah, Indie games get shafted this way. Not like it'll be much different than it is now though.
---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#66MangorushPosted 5/6/2014 12:37:24 AM
Yawn...*goes back to playing GTA V*
#67TropicMoon10Posted 5/6/2014 3:32:16 AM
Mangorush posted...

I fail to see how this is PC related at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#68MangorushPosted 5/6/2014 3:45:54 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I fail to see how this is PC related at all.

Well, consoles doesn't have this problem like PC does apparently, so..yeah..
#69TropicMoon10Posted 5/6/2014 3:50:45 AM
Mangorush posted...
Well, consoles doesn't have this problem like PC does apparently, so..yeah..

Well... "problem" is a very strong word here. It's more of an inconvenience. Neither the PC or consoles have a shortage of good games to play right now (except the next gen ones :P)
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#70CircleOfManiasPosted 5/6/2014 5:05:47 AM
Mangorush posted...

At least use your main account to troll. Using an alt is just cowardly.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park