This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has been completely overrun by Indie games.

#71Nineteen99Posted 5/6/2014 9:21:13 AM
Have an indie game category, remove Early Access from the front page, and give the option to remove DLC from the front page "new releases," "top sellers," and "specials" lists.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#72matu90rkPosted 5/6/2014 9:23:20 AM
Nineteen99 posted...
Have an indie game category, remove Early Access from the front page, and give the option to remove DLC from the front page "new releases," "top sellers," and "specials" lists.

Can I have an option to remove triple A, DLC-ridden garbage like Watch Dogs?
#73Nineteen99Posted 5/6/2014 9:24:35 AM
matu90rk posted...
Nineteen99 posted...

Sure. Just go to the indie section.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#74matu90rkPosted 5/6/2014 9:30:03 AM(edited)
Nineteen99 posted...
matu90rk posted...
Nineteen99 posted...

Sure. Just go to the indie section.

But I'd miss stuff like Child of Light... (which is DLC-ridden, but not triple A garbage).
#75r0ge00Posted 5/6/2014 9:36:52 AM(edited)
1. I don't really care what they list on their store front page as I hardly ever look at it for more than a second to type in what I want in the search bar.

2. Every early access game is clearly labeled as such and warns you that you're not getting a finished product.

Could there be some tweaking to the system? Sure, but I'm not going to be the one calling for it.

*Edit: A tweak to the search would be great though. Being able to filter certain things out like DLC has been something that's been needed for a while.
#76wdfosterPosted 5/6/2014 9:55:27 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is. I like indie game for the most part. The crappy ones; I can pretty much tell if I'll like it or not based on the screenshots. And if my interest is piqued I'll shoot over to youtube and check out some of a Let's Play before I make a decision.

YOU YOURSELF ARE THE BEST QUALITY CONTROL

All of those indie games aren't just adding themselves to you shopping cart, so whats the big deal? You don't like the "clutter" on the store page? Get over it.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#77Mr_Fury32Posted 5/11/2014 4:28:52 PM
good, AAA titles are crap now anyways... most of them are mere "look how GREAT our speciall effects department is!!"
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#78CoolFangsPosted 5/11/2014 4:53:30 PM
I'm sort of on the fence. On one hand Valve really should be doing a bit of quality control. On the other hand I feel it is the consumer's responsibility to research what they are purchasing (this is also why it's bad to preorder games)
---
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
#79Mannike54Posted 5/11/2014 5:15:07 PM
Here's my view on the topic.

I hate indie games with a passion, at least generally. They're often not worth the money, they're short, pretentious, and overrated. But I stand by the notion that I am not forced to buy these games and I know that other people enjoy them and they shouldn't be limited on what they get to play simply because I don't like them.

However, I hate that a lot of actual games get pushed aside in favour of this disturbing trend of unfinished crap that most of the time stays that way. For example, Nation Red is an "indie" game technically, as it was made by a relatively small developer. But Nation Red is at least a finished and constantly updated game which has an active community. I'm just using it as an example, I don't play the game that much.

But compared to the barrage of new indie games that are pretty much entirely linear, quite short and very similar, it's just a shame that products of superior quality are being pushed aside for these.
---
"My name is Hans. Drinking has ruined my life. I'm 31 years old!"
#80Tyranius2Posted 5/11/2014 5:19:59 PM
Steam is also completely overrun by AAA games which manage to be almost as crappy as the shovelware indies
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius