This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has been completely overrun by Indie games.

#81KabtheMentatPosted 5/11/2014 5:24:01 PM
Judgmenl posted...
All I want is a quality JRPG with decent graphics, VA, and a deep story.

PC hasn't been able to deliver that.

Neither has any JRPG developer in the last 10-15 years.

The problem isn't the system. The problem is the crappy developers.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#82megablue9Posted 5/11/2014 5:38:46 PM
Zombified_Toast posted...
They just need to make 1 tab for New Releases, 1 tab for New Indies, and 1 tab for New to Steam for all the older games that get dumped.

Pretty much this I hate how everything is just shoved to the new release tab as all are not legit new releases just newly released on steam. It makes me less likely to visit just to browse and only visit the site if I know what I want
---
3ds FC: 5172-0077-4852
#83DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/12/2014 2:48:23 AM(edited)
TheSchref posted...
drink posted...
Who will decide "quality"? I like games that people hate.

Maybe they should just separate indie games so its not a flood of them. Or maybe a option to not view alpha/beta games and indie games.

I was just thinking the same thing. Have a section for AAA, a section for released indie, and a section for beta/alpha indie.

But then what do you use to define what's "indie" and "AAA"?
A lot of published games get tagged as being indie lately. It seems to pretty much just mean "small budget" these days.
I definitely agree on an "early access" section, though, and maybe a section for "choice" games that's filled only with well received(by the general public/press, not by a group of individuals at valve or by the steam community) games.
But, then, that makes it more difficult for companies to make innovative or niche titles, since most of the community wouldn't even give them a chance, which leads to stagnation, which is exactly what we don't want.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross