This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with Xonar Ds Sound Center or similar help me with settings?

#11Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 9:06:20 PM
WerdnAndreW posted...
I don't think that sound card has dolby headphone.

Damn, i thought i got a decent sound card...

And yea in my case the 8 channels def didnt play sounds behind me and like i said spinning around, the directional sound overall was not there.

If you can play a game that has a radio on a shelf or something, an NPC talking. Then spin around and see if you can hear it all the way around.
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#12Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 9:09:14 PM
Also, should i leave my analog out on headphone or turn it to 7.1? When i have it on 7.1 i have an option to turn on DTS Neo.

In game the difference between the headphone and 7.1 with DTS on, idk if i could tell a difference.
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#13ClouddxPosted 5/6/2014 9:09:55 PM
Whitemike20052 posted...
Thanks for the insight, im just trying to get the best sound quality possible for my new Q701's. I read they had a very good soundstage, so thats why i got them.

You're better off getting an external Dac/AMP something like the Schiit Modi and Magni or even the FiiO e17 so you can power those headphones anywhere you go.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#14Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 9:12:06 PM
Clouddx posted...
Whitemike20052 posted...
Thanks for the insight, im just trying to get the best sound quality possible for my new Q701's. I read they had a very good soundstage, so thats why i got them.

You're better off getting an external Dac/AMP something like the Schiit Modi and Magni or even the FiiO e17 so you can power those headphones anywhere you go.

Im definatley gonna be getting a amp in the future, not soon though, ive spent way to much money between my GPU, the headphones, a new hdd that was DOA...lol, and the sound card, though it was pretty cheap.

Gonna save money for the steam summer sale then upgrade my CPU when summers over.
---
THE GAME
#15ClouddxPosted 5/6/2014 9:13:34 PM
Whitemike20052 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Whitemike20052 posted...

Im definatley gonna be getting a amp in the future, not soon though, ive spent way to much money between my GPU, the headphones, a new hdd that was DOA...lol, and the sound card, though it was pretty cheap.

Gonna save money for the steam summer sale then upgrade my CPU when summers over.

Good, it's a shame to have a decent pair of headphones and not hook them up to a DAC/AMP.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S