This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the RPG taste of the poster above you

#1Tyranius2Posted 5/6/2014 6:26:14 AM
Post your top 3 RPGs, poster below you rates your taste and posts his. Let's define everyone's RPG elite-ism.

I'll start:

1. Deus Ex
2. Dark Souls
3. Median XL
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#2ZombieAkanePosted 5/6/2014 6:43:44 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
Post your top 3 RPGs, poster below you rates your taste and posts his. Let's define everyone's RPG elite-ism.

I'll start:

1. Deus Ex
2. Dark Souls
3. Median XL

Meh.

Never heard of Median XL, but Dark Souls I didn't finish and never played Deus Ex, so naturally I don't have much of a rating to give you.

Instead I pass your top 3 onto the next poster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Deus Ex
2. Dark Souls
3. Median XL
---
[b]Should have named it the Xbox 720p, because when you see the pixels you turn 720 degrees and burn to death as you walk away.[/b]
#3HawkssssPosted 5/6/2014 6:51:36 AM(edited)
Tyranius2 posted...

I'll start:

1. Deus Ex
2. Dark Souls
3. Median XL

Quite westerny. Diverses tastes but lacks an RPG with more storytelling and character interactions. Never really liked lootfest rpgs (Media XL). All around Ok.

Mine:

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross (tied)
3. Dragon Age:Origins
#4SuperSuikodenPosted 5/6/2014 6:53:26 AM
Hawkssss posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

I'll start:

1. Deus Ex
2. Dark Souls
3. Median XL

Quite westerny. Diverses tastes but lacks an RPG with more storytelling and character interactions. Never really liked lootfest rpgs. All around Ok.

Mine:

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross (tied)
3. Dragon Age:Origins

Good taste! :)
Never heard of Median XL either.

Mine:
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Lost Odyssey
3. Suikoden III
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 5/6/2014 7:04:09 AM(edited)
Just FYI, Median XL isn't even a game, its a Diablo 2 mod. :p

As for SuperSuikoden:

I don't know Lost Odyssey, but I've heard good things about it. Chrono Trigger great, and I think every RPG fan should try it at least once.

And Suikoden 3... Not only the game has one AMAZING intro, but its an amazing game overall, with great storylines and a fantastic cast of characters. ^^

Good taste there. ^^

As for my games:

1. Valkyrie Profile;
2. Xenogears;
3. Fallout 2.
---
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg
#6Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 7:08:28 AM
Just FYI, Median XL isn't even a game, its a Diablo 2 mod. :p

I know, but it has more depth and content than most AAA games of today and before really, that's why I see it as a complete game. It's just that good.
---
#7the_dracolichPosted 5/6/2014 7:11:43 AM
MedianXL is an overrated mod of Diablo 2.

MarceloSampaio posted...

As for my games:

1. Valkyrie Profile;
2. Xenogears;
3. Fallout 2.

J(RPG wannabe) s*** and (3) the most clunky and outdated UI in an RPG I've ever played

Mine:
1. Diablo 2 (only with PlugY mod, no MedianXL, Eastern Sun or other "total crapversion" mods)
2. Baldur's Gate 2
3. Arcanum
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#8Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 7:22:40 AM
MedianXL is an overrated mod of Diablo 2.

You'd have good taste if not for this line. Median XL deserves every gram of praise it gets. Why don't you cite what you don't like about it?

It has depth, plenty of exotic locations, more so than Diablo II, ****ing PLENTY of content and that's not including the post-game content, it's one of the more difficulty RPGs out there and character builds are very diverse, the skills are more creative than anything you'll find on Diablo or any game of the genre. The exploration is just amazing too, there's just so much to do.. that reminds me of one time when I went into "Welcome to Bremmtown" out of curiosity, as soon as I took one step there I was literally surrounded by 30 enemies who instantly killed me, you can't go anywhere without preparation.. I just can't put into words how awesome Median XL is.
---
#9drafterowarPosted 5/6/2014 7:34:05 AM
Just close this topic mods.
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#10CELTEKKPosted 5/6/2014 7:39:18 AM
RPGs across any platform?

1. Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
2. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC)
3. Diablo 2 / Lord of Destruction
---