This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming laptops ?

#1TheBrokenPinionPosted 5/6/2014 8:13:29 PM
I know nothing about gaming PC's what the best Gaming laptop under 1000$ ? And what should I look out for in a gaming laptop spec wise ?
---
Believe in Evolution
@BrokenPinion
#2soonernfl25Posted 5/6/2014 8:16:00 PM
I am no expert but I do like my Asus N56J I bought about a month ago. It was $950 I think.

Probably getting a good cpu and graphics card are the two most important things.
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 5/6/2014 8:37:17 PM
TheBrokenPinion posted...
I know nothing about gaming PC's what the best Gaming laptop under 1000$ ? And what should I look out for in a gaming laptop spec wise ?

You aren't getting one for under a $1000.00. That's where the bottom of the barrel ones start (around a grand). Even if you can find one in that range it won't have a very long gaming life. You will struggle to run games a year from now.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#4soonernfl25Posted 5/6/2014 8:45:59 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...

You aren't getting one for under a $1000.00. That's where the bottom of the barrel ones start (around a grand). Even if you can find one in that range it won't have a very long gaming life. You will struggle to run games a year from now.

You can get a gaming laptop for under a $1000. He didn't say it had to run all games at ultra settings.
#5SlaynPosted 5/6/2014 8:50:21 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313742
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#6DawnshadowPosted 5/6/2014 10:13:47 PM
Why do you want a gaming laptop? Unless you absolutely need the smaller size or the portability a laptop offers, you would be much better served by a desktop-- $1000 will get you a solid gaming system. You can even get small cases-- you won't have as much room for extra hard drives and the like, but not all desktops have to have the massive cases.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#7PharohofLaptopsPosted 5/7/2014 8:07:55 AM(edited)
So instead of building a gaming PC and increasing your knowledge of one and and getting the best price/deals/performance , you'd rather spend money on a product that isn't real?
#8TheBrokenPinion(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 8:13:11 AM
I just want the portability of a labtop,I will use it for everything not just gaming, if 1,000$ is bottom of the barrel what is the price range of a good PC ? I don't need top of the line more so middle range ?
---
Believe in Evolution
@BrokenPinion
#9phy2jshPosted 5/7/2014 8:41:20 AM
I just want the portability of a labtop,I will use it for everything not just gaming, if 1,000$ is bottom of the barrel what is the price range of a good PC ? I don't need top of the line more so middle range ?

But, do you need to game on the move? If the answer is 'no', then you would be best getting a very cheap laptop, and a desktop for gaming. A gaming laptop, unless you pay through the nose, is likely to be a) not very portable; and b) pretty rubbish for playing games.
#10ThePonyColliePosted 5/7/2014 8:42:40 AM
PharohofLaptops posted...
So instead of building a gaming PC and increasing your knowledge of one and and getting the best price/deals/performance , you'd rather spend money on a product that isn't real?

Still couldn't afford one after all the trolling funds I see.
---
No Steam, no buy.