This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming laptops ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming laptops ?

User Info: TheBrokenPinion

TheBrokenPinion
2 years ago#1
I know nothing about gaming PC's what the best Gaming laptop under 1000$ ? And what should I look out for in a gaming laptop spec wise ?
Believe in Evolution
@BrokenPinion

User Info: soonernfl25

soonernfl25
2 years ago#2
I am no expert but I do like my Asus N56J I bought about a month ago. It was $950 I think.

Probably getting a good cpu and graphics card are the two most important things.

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
2 years ago#3
TheBrokenPinion posted...
I know nothing about gaming PC's what the best Gaming laptop under 1000$ ? And what should I look out for in a gaming laptop spec wise ?

You aren't getting one for under a $1000.00. That's where the bottom of the barrel ones start (around a grand). Even if you can find one in that range it won't have a very long gaming life. You will struggle to run games a year from now.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117

User Info: soonernfl25

soonernfl25
2 years ago#4
ATARIJAWA posted...

You aren't getting one for under a $1000.00. That's where the bottom of the barrel ones start (around a grand). Even if you can find one in that range it won't have a very long gaming life. You will struggle to run games a year from now.

You can get a gaming laptop for under a $1000. He didn't say it had to run all games at ultra settings.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
2 years ago#5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313742
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
2 years ago#6
Why do you want a gaming laptop? Unless you absolutely need the smaller size or the portability a laptop offers, you would be much better served by a desktop-- $1000 will get you a solid gaming system. You can even get small cases-- you won't have as much room for extra hard drives and the like, but not all desktops have to have the massive cases.
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.

User Info: PharohofLaptops

PharohofLaptops
2 years ago#7
So instead of building a gaming PC and increasing your knowledge of one and and getting the best price/deals/performance , you'd rather spend money on a product that isn't real?

User Info: TheBrokenPinion

TheBrokenPinion
2 years ago#8
I just want the portability of a labtop,I will use it for everything not just gaming, if 1,000$ is bottom of the barrel what is the price range of a good PC ? I don't need top of the line more so middle range ?
Believe in Evolution
@BrokenPinion

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
2 years ago#9
I just want the portability of a labtop,I will use it for everything not just gaming, if 1,000$ is bottom of the barrel what is the price range of a good PC ? I don't need top of the line more so middle range ?

But, do you need to game on the move? If the answer is 'no', then you would be best getting a very cheap laptop, and a desktop for gaming. A gaming laptop, unless you pay through the nose, is likely to be a) not very portable; and b) pretty rubbish for playing games.

User Info: ThePonyCollie

ThePonyCollie
2 years ago#10
PharohofLaptops posted...
So instead of building a gaming PC and increasing your knowledge of one and and getting the best price/deals/performance , you'd rather spend money on a product that isn't real?

Still couldn't afford one after all the trolling funds I see.
No Steam, no buy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming laptops ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived