This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody else find it impossible to be "wowed" by games anymore?

#51PsythikPosted 5/7/2014 10:09:06 PM
I can't believe no one's said this yet: If it's legal in your state/country, smoke some bud before gaming. You will be wowed all over again. Playing games while stoned feels like you're a kid experiencing them for the first time. It's one of life's great pleasures.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#52PsyborgasmPosted 5/7/2014 10:11:24 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
I can take a long break and then pick up whatever's supposed to be a "hot" title at that time, and it's just "meh" to me.

Indie games looked promising at first, with things like "Braid" and "Super Meat Boy", but it's really just been more of that ever since. Games doing the "retro" thing, which if I want I'll just go play retro games that have already done it right, or indie devs trying so hard to be different that the games they make don't feel like they work very well at all. Like we've discovered all that could be discovered in the realm of video games, now it's just doing the same things with better effects. And even that has diminishing returns, graphical leaps aren't as impressive as they used to be, either.

I don't really keep playing because it's interesting, more out of habit, whenever I "quit" I realize there isn't much else to do with the time I'd otherwise be spending playing games anyway.

Yup. Pretty much as soon as I hit 30 (last year) I cannot seem to find a game to hold my attention. Diablo 3's expansion kept me playing for about 20 hours, and since buying my new gaming laptop I've played Skyrim for about 10 hours. I also purchased a PS4 when it first came out and I've logged about 5 hours of BF4. It is basically a paperweight at this point. :(

Watch dogs I will probably pre-order this week, however I'm not really excited for it like a lot seem to be.

The only games that really have me interested at the moment are The Division and Destiny.
#53JavelinPosted 5/7/2014 10:16:55 PM
Psythik posted...
I can't believe no one's said this yet: If it's legal in your state/country, smoke some bud before gaming. It's one of life's great pleasures.

No one's said it yet because most people aren't losers who need to resort to mind-altering substances in order to feel pleasure.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#54ThePonyColliePosted 5/7/2014 10:17:02 PM
Games can't wow me anymore. I just play them for fun and to pass time.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#55PsyborgasmPosted 5/7/2014 10:27:29 PM
Javelin posted...
Psythik posted...
I can't believe no one's said this yet: If it's legal in your state/country, smoke some bud before gaming. It's one of life's great pleasures.

No one's said it yet because most people aren't losers who need to resort to mind-altering substances in order to feel pleasure.

Pretty harsh. I no longer smoke weed, but there's nothing wrong with smoking up now and then, as long as you're not chronic with no aspirations. Is smoking a bowl and playing vids any worse than drinking a few beers and doing the same? Both are harmless in moderation.
#56PsythikPosted 5/7/2014 11:47:10 PM(edited)
Javelin posted...
Psythik posted...
I can't believe no one's said this yet: If it's legal in your state/country, smoke some bud before gaming. [You will be wowed all over again. Playing games while stoned feels like you're a kid experiencing them for the first time.] It's one of life's great pleasures.

I like how you cut out the parts of my quote you didn't want to hear because you rather listen DEA propaganda than actually research the plant and its effects. But whatever, you're the one that's missing out. More smoke for me :)

Thanks for speaking up so I can add you to my ignore list.

EDIT: Oh and thanks to Psyborgasm as well for sticking up for me.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#57LOLIAmAnAltPosted 5/7/2014 11:59:58 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Since then, I have found some very fun games. An example is CS:GO is solid, solid is beyond great, but does not wow me.

Here's a question.

Does getting wowed watching people play CS:GO count? Cause i've been flat out wowed watching some tournaments before.

Sure.

What people do in sports wow me at times, so why not.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#58sonic_man00Posted 5/8/2014 12:05:20 AM
Here are the games which have wowed me recently.

To The Moon
Infamous 2
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Tales of Vesperia
Garry's Mod
Sid Meier's Civilization V

Those have wowed me.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#59KOTRwhoopsPosted 5/8/2014 6:02:27 AM
Much rarer for me.

Although only this week Dark Souls II wowed me, it's quite superb. I had one of those satisfying moments when I beat one of the bosses where I get shivers of appreciation where I was thinking ' I ****ing love this game'. It's the first game in a while where I haven't been able to put it down and it could be one of those very very rare games where I start a second playthrough immeadiately after the first.

The Last Of Us was the last time that happened. Before that.... Maybe Skyrim?
---
PLAYING - Dark Souls II (PC), Child Of Light (PS4), Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#60Catluver17Posted 5/8/2014 6:46:25 AM
Last game that wowed me was Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

Its yet another RPG. But holy crap was it quite unique after years of the same old thing. It deserved it.
---
Being intelligent is a full time job.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.