This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: XL Complete Edition up on Steam now

#31overkillwfo1978Posted 5/8/2014 7:34:58 AM
Buburibon posted...
30aught6 posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
I will wait to see if the port is good before celebrating.

Same here. There latest rumors point to the PC version being rendered (locked) at 720p.

Seriously? PC.Year: 2014. Locked at 720p? For $50? You have got to be f****** kidding me. If this happens to be the case, this game would have to go on a $4.99 or below sale for me to even remotely consider it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this port is going to be terrible. Pre-ordering it is completely out of the question. I need to see some reviews.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#32SinisterSlayPosted 5/8/2014 7:36:42 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
$50 for an ancient game is a bit steep. For that price I expect the port to be perfect and rock stable.

overkillwfo1978 posted...
Buburibon posted...
30aught6 posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
I will wait to see if the port is good before celebrating.

Same here. There latest rumors point to the PC version being rendered (locked) at 720p.

Seriously? PC.Year: 2014. Locked at 720p? For $50? You have got to be f****** kidding me. If this happens to be the case, this game would have to go on a $4.99 or below sale for me to even remotely consider it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this port is going to be terrible. Pre-ordering it is completely out of the question. I need to see some reviews.

I guess I got my answers.
It's only bargain bin now or until modders fix it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#33x ShadowPosted 5/8/2014 7:41:33 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
x Shadow posted...
I already have this on Vita, and I think it's a very good game for a handheld. Drop in the middle of those long battles and pick back up whenever. It's pretty convenient.

Since I already have it on Vita, doubt I'll get the PC version.

Why would you own a Vita?

Because it's a damn good portable console. Can you be more specific about why you are confused about someone owning something? IE list your perceived cons so I actually understand why you would find it strange to own something?
---
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so.
#34aak57Posted 5/8/2014 7:42:36 AM
The base game came out last year and this is a version with the expansion pack. You have a very different definition of ancient than I do. And the 720p thing is a rumor. Perhaps wait until it comes out before tossing it aside.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#35ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/8/2014 7:43:55 AM
x Shadow posted...
Because it's a damn good portable console. Can you be more specific about why you are confused about someone owning something? IE list your perceived cons so I actually understand why you would find it strange to own something?

No exclusives. It's a port machine.
#36x ShadowPosted 5/8/2014 8:09:11 AM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
x Shadow posted...

No exclusives. It's a port machine.

I could care less. Playing pretty much anything on it is much more convenient than doing it anywhere else. You can literally pause right in the middle of games and come back to them later, and easily play them on the go (say while taking a walk; which I take at least hour long walks every day, so it's quite convenient for this).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_Vita-only_games

Also it does have exclusives, not many but whatever. I don't care. It has things I want to play on it (port or not), and they're very convenient to play on it. Ports or not, I believe is the superior portable console experience. You can read my opinion on 3DS (which might have more exclusives) vs Vita here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/69173161?page=1
Post 53.
---
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so.
#37aak57Posted 5/8/2014 8:10:44 AM
I find that the people who say lolnogamez about vita aren't fans of Japanese/niche games or simply don't value handhelds in general.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#38UnderwaterAirPosted 5/8/2014 8:25:04 AM
The Vita is nice as a handheld. Dunno why people have to hate on it so much. Don't need a handheld, don't get it. Want one, try it out.

And so you know I'm not biased. I haven't touched my PSP in ~2 years now except to move it around on my shelf for cleaning or reorganizing and I do not own nor do I plan to get a Vita.
#39ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/8/2014 8:42:37 AM
aak57 posted...
I find that the people who say lolnogamez about vita aren't fans of Japanese/niche games or simply don't value handhelds in general.

I have plenty of Japanese games, and a 3DS.
#40Chaos_MissilePosted 5/8/2014 8:59:22 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
$50 for an ancient game is a bit steep. For that price I expect the port to be perfect and rock stable.

>1 year
>ancient

Hell, if we considered XL's release, then it's only 6 months.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008