This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I just got Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 EE.

#31BrokenMachine85Posted 5/8/2014 3:12:24 PM
If you have the time, play both and savour them.

Take the time to listen to/ read the dialogue, explore the world and get immersed into this fantastical world. Its an experience like no other.

They may look a little dated but use your imagination and appreciate them.

I promise you wont regret it :)
---
3930k 6 core @ 4.6 | ASUS P9X79 Pro Mobo | H80 Water Cooling | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel @1600mhz | 2x 2GB EVGA Nvidia 660 Ti SLi | 240GB Kingston SSD
#32Tyranius2Posted 5/8/2014 4:05:50 PM
Come at me haters, low level D&D is ****ing awful, sorry if I don't like "attack missed" simulator.

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the games, just throwing it out there.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#33BendoHendoPosted 5/8/2014 4:10:37 PM
First EE game took me 55 hours on first time ever playing a 90's RPG. And that was using a guide to get through the insufferable Baldur's Gate (the city itself).

The game is amazing in the wilderness, but in the city it gets bogged down. but then gets kinda good in the last few hours.

--
#34Epicness2012Posted 5/8/2014 4:20:40 PM
I first played through the series myself some time back in 2012. I also wasn't sure whether or not to just go straight to 2 or not. I ended up just going through BG1 first. I'm really glad i did.

I don't say this very often about games(and i certainly didn't expect to say this about the Baldurs Gate series even though i knew i would like it), but i can honestly say it's one of the best series i have personally played. Now, it wasn't all sunshines and and rainbows, but god dang was it great (despite the problems i had and the things i disliked) in retrospect. BG1, 2, and ToB really are like one big game (even though BG2 has a lot of improvements over the first) like another poster said

That1Guyy posted...
You should try to go through the first one, but if you feel like it's starting to become a chore, skip it, read the plot synopsis and then go to the second one. I whole heartedly agree that while it should be played, the tedium of low level play can very easily sap the fun out of the experience. Forcing yourself through the game isn't worth it if you end up burning out before you get to play the second, which is simply an amazing game all the way through.

Also, this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#35Lobomoon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 4:29:00 PM
If I decide to play the first game - which class would give me fastest / most fun playthrough?
---
#36BrokenMachine85Posted 5/8/2014 4:35:11 PM
Its not so much about your build, but your party set up.
---
3930k 6 core @ 4.6 | ASUS P9X79 Pro Mobo | H80 Water Cooling | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Quad Channel @1600mhz | 2x 2GB EVGA Nvidia 660 Ti SLI | Hyper X 240GB SSD
#37PowerSurgeXPosted 5/10/2014 3:32:10 AM
Hi. I'm new to this game and I want to play as some kind of fighter/mage combo class. What do you recommend?
---
"Quiet baby, what will the neighbors think?!"
- Bloodrayne
#38Hi CPosted 5/10/2014 7:32:13 AM
PowerSurgeX posted...
Hi. I'm new to this game and I want to play as some kind of fighter/mage combo class. What do you recommend?

I'd recommend a Fighter/mage.
#39xanthan1Posted 5/10/2014 8:54:00 AM
PowerSurgeX posted...

Don't play a human. Now, you see when you go to select a class for any other race it gives the option to multiclass? Pick that.
#40xanthan1Posted 5/10/2014 8:54:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]