This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deus Ex: The Fall is a must play for Deus Ex fans

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 5/7/2014 5:56:48 PM(edited)
Just finished it, took me by surprise a bit because I wasn't expecting too much from it. I honestly thought it would be a piece of crap but it wasn't, it was quite enjoyable. That being said, if you DIDN'T like Human Revolution or didn't think it was a great game then you will likely hate this game. Here's what I thought though:

+Interesting story on the effects of Neuropyzene withdrawal, and the people that control the drugs and their distribution. Same illuminati theme pretty much. Some of the boss enemies make an appearance but its brief.
+Gameplay is largely the same, with a couple added augmentations, and different weapons & upgrades
+Levels are similar to Human Revolution, though not as varied and on a much smaller scale
+The characters, although not as good as Human Revolution (a common theme) did grow on me and the voice acting was pretty decent. I liked the main character, Ben Saxon more than I thought I would

-The game should've been released as DLC/expansion. I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to release the game on iOS but I assume it was the same moron that decided to release the Director's Cut edition of HR on WiiU exclusively.
-It's a really bad port. Your character can't even jump lol. This is why it should've never been released on iOS. If they had just released it for PC/consoles then it would've taken the same amount of effort, I mean they have all the assets, the game is similar enough to HR, but because they did it for iOS, everything feels downgraded.
-The story is not as intertwined with HR as I hoped. It's pretty much completely separate except for a few characters and the story has to do with the Bell Tower police.
-The game was way too short, but ended with "To Be Continued". I really hope they reconsider this as an iOS game.
-Bodies.... disappear for some reason. Even when you do a non-lethal takedown, the body disappears into thin air. Weird.
-Only one save slot
-Unable to rebind keyboard/mouse controls

So in summary. It's a great DLC that would've been a great addition to the Deus Ex franchise IF they had released it for PC from the get go. I have no clue why they made it a tablet game. I have no clue.... are they at least making a lot of money? Surely they must realize that the fans don't want to play this on a tablet... come on now. It feels like a waste. Despite them releasing it for PC now it feels like there was a reluctance to do it.
---
Intel 82865G Chipset - Pentium 4 2.8ghz Socket 478 - Sapphire Radeon x1950 Pro - 2gb DDR400
#2thedeadman568Posted 5/7/2014 5:19:28 PM
Watched TotalBiscuit's video on it, it looked like a horrible mess.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#3Lemur_HPosted 5/7/2014 5:37:59 PM
thedeadman568 posted...
#4DiviDudePosted 5/7/2014 5:40:06 PM
I'll probably pick it up eventually, once it gets cheap enough. At least, if they ever add key rebinding to it. (Maybe they already have?)
#5jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 5:54:39 PM
thedeadman568 posted...

Pretty much what I thought during the training level. But once you get into it, it'll feel the same as Human Revolution. The 2 biggest issues with the gameplay I had were no jumping and the disappearing bodies, besides that the gameplay is the same.

I wouldn't call it a mess, but the graphics are definitely worse. I have no clue why they couldn't at least make it look like Human Revolution. Just a lazy port.
---
Intel 82865G Chipset - Pentium 4 2.8ghz Socket 478 - Sapphire Radeon x1950 Pro - 2gb DDR400
#6jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 5:55:45 PM
DiviDude posted...
I'll probably pick it up eventually, once it gets cheap enough. At least, if they ever add key rebinding to it. (Maybe they already have?)

That's one flaw I forgot to add. The lack of rebinding keys in ANY game is perplexing.
---
#7cody4783Posted 5/7/2014 6:10:02 PM
Lemur_H posted...
thedeadman568 posted...

Between TB's and Nerdł's videos of it...I concluded the game wasn't worth my time/money. Stupid AI, and a game that screams hastily done mobile cash-in port...Not something I have the time to piss away on anymore.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#8ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/7/2014 6:20:44 PM
Human Revolution was already a tiny game with a story not as good as the original.

I don't want something worse.
#9SneakiestNegPosted 5/7/2014 6:32:28 PM
As Bogart said in casablanca: we will always have Deus Ex. RIP ion storm